FP2 screen flickering

fairphoneangels nearby who could help?

contactsupport ?

thank you for your kind reply.
yes, once I find the time I will contact the fairphoneangels in Vienna.
In the meantime I help myself with switching off/ rebooting, and just leaving the phone alone for a while. Then it seems to calm down for a whileā€¦

1 Like

Hey all - following. I have several of the problems mentioned here, and will be reading through a fair number of similar posts hoping to solve at least a few of them. I have:

• Random reboots
  • Overheating while surfing
  • Screen flickering / going black / black and white lines appearing on the entire screen. Pressure applied at specific points on the screen helps, but most of the time only as long as the pressure is applied. Which complicates using the phone quite a bit, as I have to position my hands in a way as to keep pressure on those points while at the same time use the phone with other fingers.
  • Battery lasts about 18-36 hours on one charge. Often when the screen is flickering, itā€™ll lose even 10-20% instantly between the steps where: 1) I apply pressure and can see the screen; 2) I relieve pressure and it goes black or has lines covering it; 3) I apply pressure again, can see the screen again, and my battery has dropped massively.

ā€¦help?

hi fneuss,

did you ever solve your issue? I have the exact same problem. Iā€™ve cleaned the display contacts before which helped, like in your case, but the flickering came back a few days/weeks later. this thread seems to have gone off topic so Iā€™d like to go back to the original question. what can we do except for continuously cleaning the contacts?

julie

Hi julienne2,

I filed a support request and got an exchange phone. I did some testing with switching the camera and screen module between the broken and the new phone, but it seems that the main module was part of the story. So I finally returned my ā€œoldā€ phone completely.

Until a few days ago, I was very satisfied with the solution. The first answer to my support request took a while and was a copy and paste of standardised answers, but I pointed this out and from that point on, Andrea from the support team was were helpful and answered quickly and personally. Unfortunately, my new phone starts to flicker again now - only rarely for now, but I am afraid that might become more often over timeā€¦

So I believe it is best to contact support. At least I have not found any other solution.

Hi fneuss,

thank you so much for your quick response! Iā€™m bummed to hear that, I was hoping I wouldnā€™t have to send it in. I do hope the flickering with your new phone will remain a rare sight :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.