FP2 reboots and home screen issues

reading back old posts I discovered somebody said it was 2GB

May be ā€“ but itā€™s better to have more free storage, to prevent, e.g., sluggishness:

1 Like

I agree, I have been above that the whole of last year and I believe it made things more difficult.

After being satisfied with my backups yesterday I went for the factory reset finally, and the issues that all users reported in the topic went away. In that proces I actually discovered another issue, which was the settings app crashing after tapping the lock screen options.

The factory reset also created a whole lot of extra storage space, so Iā€™m planning on updating to Android 9 later today and then restore my data.

In the meantime Android 10 is available, so why not directly going with the must up to date Version?

Good point. I just checked my updater app, and it says my current operating system version is 19.11.2 and itā€™s up to date. No updates seem available.

Do I need to login to the Playstore to get updates now?

Here the official instructions for both , FPOS and FPOOS.

Reset factory done and corrects the problem (carefull: all SMS have been lost).

1 Like

Hi,
There are different ways to backup SMS, but I just wanted to share a simple one in case anyone else wonders how to do it:
I use the FOSS app QKSMS as my message app. I think that it works very well and is nicer to use than the original message app. Furthermore, it allows for backups that you can restore after you perform a factory reset!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.