FP2: Fairphone OS & Fairphone Open 22.02.0-rel.0 (Android 10)

No - not AFAIK. All worked ok for previous upgrades…

No - not AFAIK. All worked ok on previous upgrades.

Memory space ?

How full is your storage and do you use an SD card and if yes how is it formatted (internal vs portable)?

2 Likes

Did you try not only deleting cache but also deleting storage of the updater?

Yes - I did.

I am suspicious that I do not have enough free memory space… How can I tell?

Enable the #dic:developeroptions and it’s the first entry in them AFAIK.

Thanks for the quick reply. But I have no idea what you mean. How do I enable #dic:developments ?
Sorry - not that familiar with Android OS. Was going to suck all my photos off…Have purchased a Memory card - and shifted photos to it - but don’t seem to be able to tell Camera to put new photos on the card…?

dic:developeroptions is a link to a guide on the forum that should explain it :wink:

Very important: did you format it as internal storage (first option) or as external storage (second option)? If the former, please copy back all your photos and reformat your card as external storage before using it as it can create many problems as internal. Please see the sdcardguide for information.

No, it’s indeed impossible. You’d need a 3rd party camera for this, such as OpenCamera (or regularly copy your photos manually).

3 Likes

ok - thanks for this. No idea why so much internal storage is used. I am deleting photos - but they cannot be responsible for the large storage consumption. No videos, no music.

Now Updater has decided that my FP2 is Up-to-date (Android 9) after telling me for days that I needed to update to Android 10…Have done a Restart. Same story: Up-to-Date.

I delayed the update of my FP2 (FP OS 21.12.0-rel. 1) to the new Android 10 release (OS 22.02.0-rel.0) until today (I basically ignored the previous update notifications because I wanted to be sure that there are no unsolved problems). But now starting my Fairphone Updater App (release 1.50.5) it tells me that 21.12.0-rel. 1 is the most actual release. How can I get the updater to provide me with the newest release? I already deleted the cache and date of the updater app with no result. Help is very much appreciated.

Thanks for reporting @planetcooler and @Michael_Weber, can you try again to see if the upgrade to Android 10 is available now?

2 Likes

I just tried again a couple of minutes ago and now I can see the upgrade message in the updater :smiley: Thx a lot! Could you briefly explain what had been the reason for this behaviour? Anyway, I’ll instantly do the upgrade!

Some configuration was missing on the server side after we completed the staged rollout of Android 10.

4 Likes

I understand. I’m really grateful for your speedy support. One reason more to buy my next phone with Fairphone :+1:

3 Likes

Super smooth upgrade (like always in the past) by the way :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

No - Updater is showing Current OS Version as Fairphone OS 21.12.0-rel.1
No message re Upgrade being available. (It did a few weeks ago !)

Could something (like a firewall) be blocking your Updater app’s connection the update server? Here on Fairphone OS 21.12.0-rel.1 I’m able to receive the update without any issues. Could you try clearing the Updater app’s data through the Settings app?

2 Likes

ok - sorry - misinformation. Today the Updater said “Update available”. This time the download worked ok followed by a successful Update to Android 10 ! Thank you.

Also had a message from the sales team today saying they can make alternative arrangements for purchase and delivery of a new battery for my FP2. So I might have a fully functioning FP2 working on Android 10…

Keep up the great work -

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.