FP2 - Pictures Gallery

Sometimes even the best old FP2 camera module can’t capture the whole beauty that the eyes get to see.

7 Likes

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to everyone !

FP2 new camera module. LOS stock camera app. No edit.

3 Likes

Nice impression, but actually you are too late, Christmas is over already here in D - oh hold on…in which time and date zone are you atm?#!? :wink:

(Snakker du norsk også?)

Yes I’m late for Christmas, but still in advance for NY :wink:
Even here in Beijing I’m too late haha

2 Likes

Taken with FP2, 8 MP camera (old version), App: OpenCamera (all default settings).
I liked the picture that much that I printed it on an about 30x20 cm canvas, looks great.
The colours look a bit more intense then in reality but for this kind of picture that is just what is needed.

10 Likes

A few sunset winter shots at Beijing’s Summer Palace :slight_smile:

FP2 new camera module. LOS stock camera app. No edit.

8 Likes

Winter in Vienna again.

LOS, Open Camera, old Module, unedited

9 Likes

Ankor Wat im Cambodia. :sunglasses:

FP2, new camera, slightly edited.

7 Likes

Amazing, but

I know it only from a Tomb Raider game, so…you took out Lara, eh?! :slight_smile:

Anyway I assume it’s not allowed to enter.

Yes it is. Except when you encounter this:

(not taken with a FP, sorry)

1 Like

You can get into the temple if you are willing to wait…

Sorry, no Fairphone picture.

1 Like

…until the next day or for how long…?? smiley

Well, the queue was enormous, for that reason I decided not to get into the temple…

Nonetheless, I guess I’ve seen enough temples within my 4 days of visit. And if you know one temple you usually know all of them… :rofl:

2 Likes

Tournai’s cathedral, Belgium.

FP2 new camera module. LOS stock camera app. Edited with Lightroom.

6 Likes

Some more recent night shots from Beijing.

FP2 new camera module. Bimostitch app. Edited with Lightroom.

8 Likes

That’s really queer what’s going on over there in Asia. As always - they simply do it!. :star_struck:
Very remarkable scenes. Maybe every time a brain flash for you to return back to classical Europe.

2 Likes

I just passed by recently and did the same panorama with the new camera module to compare.

Here is the result.

FP2 new camera module. Bimostitch panorama. No edit.

Honnestly, I don’t think the difference is that obvious. Sometimes I wonder if it was worth the upgrade. The old camera module was already doing a good job, but indeed nothing compared to the Leica lences inside the Huawei for example.
Would be great to have a real camera update with something really competitive.

4 Likes

Seems so when comparing both images next to each other.
Thanks for your remembrance btw. :wink:
Maybe the difference would be more obvious when capturing a scene by daylight which is quite real for my Lumix Leica camera. It has no background censor illumination which makes it difficult when taking night shots.

To be honest, I see quite a lot of difference between the pictures, though it is a bit hard to compare because you weren’t standing at exact the same pot. Differences I see:

• The old camera is strugling with the light and choosing a log shutter time, this results in motion unsharpness in severel places in the picture. I can’t see any of that with the new camera.
  • Probably connected to the light-struggle of the old camera: it seems to have chosen a quite big diaphragm, resulting in a limited depth of field. The new camera performs much better there.
  • The new camera shows much more details (magnify and compare the bricks in the square for example, certainly those further away)
  • The new camera handles contrasts much better. On the old camera everything turns a bit into grey, while the new one shows black and light.
  • The new camera displays much more vivid colors.

In matter of fact, I think the difference is quite spectacular, I would not consider publishing the picture taken with the old camera, but I would consider the one taken with the new camera. In my opinion these pictures are a nice showcase for the camera upgrade!

And yes… you can always go better (I would not even consider comparing these pictures to the ones from my semi-professional kit), but the upgraded camera does surprisingly well for a phone camera.

6 Likes

Thanks for such a professional feedback !