FP2 cracked case after 3 weeks (see first post)

Oh don’be scared. Here you find mostly people who had issues with phone. My blue cover is not broken (and I opened FP2 several times), the display flickers (not so much) only with low brightness, I don’have found any incompatible app and I’ve never experienced a reboot…so some FP2 work well indeed :relaxed:

2 Likes

Particularly if you experience issues I’d strongly recommend to update, as the updates are supposed to fix issues!

1 Like

I bought two units which work without problems apart from a little flickering at low brightness. No reboots, no bluetooth errors, no broken covers (black matte and black translucent) or anything. All apps run as intended. OS is FP Open OS.
:slight_smile:

I bought my phone with the solid light blue back, but soon decided I wanted a transparent one. The only one available was the translucent blue one. I’ve had loads of problems with the phone and had to remove the battery loads of times. The back of the case developed cracks within weeks. Luckily I have the solid blue one which seems problem free. The spare case wasn’t cheap though :unamused:but I’m more concerned to get the phone working probably before sorting the case out.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cover volume button opening splits

Hi @everybody,

Thank you for raising this issue.

If you have this problem, could you please contact the Customer Support team with the Subject: “Cracked case FP2”. Join one or several photos showing the crack(s) or split(s) on your back cover.

We will then replace the defective back cover under warranty. If you wish to receive another colour than the one your order, please state it clearly.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Request #104887, 17 days ago… no answer yet.

EDIT : i had an answer today! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had to wait 3 weeks and 2 days until today to get an answer. So please be patient.
I hope they will handle the cover issues faster now.

2 Likes

I’ve not had exactly the same issue, but the rubber around the volume control is coming away. I raised request #102233 about it in April but haven’t heard anything yet.

Do you mean that problem?

@anon73900052, could you please look into that?

Yes I do! For some reason my search didn’t bring that up. That’s exactly what’s happened to my case though, and it’s getting worse.

I’m trying to submit a question to Support, but form is not working (not in my daily-use Firefox, nor in a pristine Chromium). Submitting the form causes a refresh, no confirmation is displayed and the request is not showing up in my “Activity” neither.

Is there another way to contact Support?

Do you know that you can’t use your account which you use for this forum.
You have to make up a new account for Support.
Perhaps this is your bottle-neck.

I don’t understand your message very well (English is my second language).
I do have an account on the forum and another on Fairphone’s Zendesk. The latter worked fine a month and a half ago, when I opened another ticket. Has something changed?

The account you made for sending another ticket to support should still work for sending a new ticket.

Yes, there is: you can give them a call. The number is at the bottom of https://fairphone.com/support (if you are in a mobile browser, you need to click “go to full site”).

1 Like

It is not, that’s the problem, :frowning:

I’ll try to reach them by e-mail first, but thanks for the heads-up.

Thank for your help, guys, :smiley:

I cracked my cover, too , because I mostly opened my FP2 after reading this forum :wink:
However it is a small crack and I only found it after I was reading the forum once more :relaxed:

1 Like

Blue translucent
Cracks like thomaselsted in the headspeaker corner
And one running from the top mic to the camera
And two small cracks running parallel to the power button next to the Camera.

Still holding together.
First noticed the cracks around age 3-4 months, now 5 months old.

Trying to be careful but actually droped it 4-5 times from the bed/seat to the floor

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cover volume button opening splits (see first post)