FP1 charging - 17-19% constantly

Hello everyone,
maybe someone of you faced the same as I have but unfortunatly I couldnt find anything in the forum. So I had troubles with my battery two month ago so I bought a new one and everything was fine again. Now since today I have the problem that the “new” battery is not charging. The red light is on, so the connection to the cable is fine. But is charging now for hours and the status is staying between 17-19% constantly. So would do you guess it might be? Battery again or a software problem?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Have a look at the little guide to fairphones batteries at Battery Reset FP1 in particular.

2 Likes

Hi,

did you try a different charger?
Sometimes their output, especially the cheaper ones, is not constant and causes charging problems.

EDIT:
it could also be that your micro usb connector is getting loose. @Stefan has experiences to get a new one.

As @Lidwien said: the battery guide has good information about FP batteries:

Good luck
Werner

P.S. I found out that I can save a lot of battery if I turn off GPS on my FP1!

If the red light is on it means that electricity is flowing. Thus the USB connector should be OK.

Besides trying a different charger (or your computer’s USB port), I’d also try different cables.

PS: If these advices don’t help, you should have a look at this topic:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.