Fairphone 5 Protective Case - needed/Alternatives?

Thank you so much, I was just about to ask for feedback within a case thread. The case is not available for delivery to Poland but perhaps I could find sth similar.

Btw what does it mean when Amazon says “small business based in Germany, support small business” and below: Country of origin: China? sorry for going oft

First of all I agree with @yvmuell
Case has to be included, as it states, that it’s compatible to FP5 and the pictures always show case and strap.

Small business based in Germany just means, that the seller/dealer is based in Germany, while the item itself is (as usual) made in China.
But it’s a small business and not a big company; probably a “one-man show”

On the polish am…on homepage, there ist a dealer ZhinkArts selling the “mtb more energy” cases with straps as well.
I have no idea, if they offer the case for the FP5 as well, but you might try contacting them. :wink:

2 Likes

After searching some more, I think I am looking for something like the quadlock case, which can be mounted on belt with a clip or on bikes or cars with their mounting systems.

They do not have a specific case for FP4/5 so I think I will go with a belt mounted holster instead. Thx for all the great suggestions, if you try out a case, cord or holster or other solutionl, please share the model and brand and your experiences with us all. I will do so as well :heart:.

As this turned more into a case discussion I merged it with the other topic so that this is not duplicated.

3 Likes

This one looks good. Belt holster with magnetic lid and space for cord and cards. Unfortunately they did not manage the dimensions only a long list of phones. So I need to check if those are similar sided as FP5:

2 Likes

Please check this thread for some previous solutions discussed.

In order to compare the dimensions of smartphones I myself used versus.com website.

There are some cases in production currently which you might consider, with rings etc, for example @hirnsushi described - for the fairphone 4 - using Biowaves case with the SP Universal Connect System,

So it arrived and fits well. it matching cut-outs for all mics etc. Fingerprint sensor is easily accesible, display and cam lenses should be protected…

It feels like plain silikon, sites are like abraded, it does not smell…

I like strap cases during travel or hiking so will test the next days

If you cant find one in Poland, I can offer you to order one and send it to you, if you want to pay the extra shipping costs. However I can do do only in Dec, as I will be on vacation the next few weeks.

6 Likes

Thank you very much for testing and reviewing. I definitely like the idea of straps. Will be in touch if I decide to give it a go. Enjoy your travels:)

Just ordered some more colorful cases. After roughly 3 weeks of wait a small enveloper arrived. As you can see it is a typical black TPU case with a print at the back. The fit of the cases is quite okish, with a good overlap of the screen. Nonetheless, the color has still a strong smell - hopefully this will become better over time.

2 Likes

We’re almost there with Bark Sweden wooden cases, I’ve just asked for an update and got this reply:

We finally just got hold of a Fairphone 5, the wait was a bit longer than we hoped. But now we just started to design the case. we think it will be ready to ship out i the beginning of Noveber. :slight_smile: We will put this info on our website

Ciao,
Max

6 Likes

Hi! Will there be an option for fp5 ?

Yes, I will let you know when it’s available.
Do you like indimise?

Yeah, the customization option is great, the organic pattern is a must have :wink: Hope the fp5 support will come really soon to order one for my phone.

Cool - just clicked a bit through the configurator.
A stylish comprise when you have a transparent edition!

Possibility to play around with pattern - the random net like one (high size and low thickness) and gradient e.g. to make the text on the battery ( “the change is in your hands” ) visible. :wink:

I like the indimise cases but found them a little vulnerable, they crack easily… Or do you use a different material now.?

1 Like

Ordered one from Driworks in Portugal and in my opion, these are not only cute but also quite good quality for the money. Recommended.

3 Likes

Hallo
Ich habe mir heute das Bookstyle-Case von caseroxx bestellt.
Ich habe von der Firma auch schon das gleiche für mein CAT S61 und bin sehr zufrieden.
Wenn es eingetroffen ist, mache ich mal Bilder.
mfg

Is it just me or also somebody else:
When using the original case it slides off the phone very easy. Taking off the battery cover makes the case hold much better and actually th buttons and openings are now centered perfectly.

Is the original case designed to be used without the battery cover?

Hi and welcome. No its clearly not designed to be used without the backcover. Abover are already several comments, that the case is considered a design failure as its not really protecting the phone in case of falls.

But if intentionally or by accident the cover is meant to be used without the backside of the phone, it might reach over the display and protect it better.

4 Likes