Fairphone 5 Battery not charging past 79%, anybody else

My Fairphone 5 is not charging properly after only one week. Using Qualcom charger

You didnā€˜t set the 80% charge limit by any chance?

8 Likes

Try to switch of Battery Protection if it is on.

2 Likes

My new FP5 charged properly for 4 days. Now it charges only to 79%. I let it discharge completely and then once it charged to 100% but last night again, I plugged it in at 22% and it does not go past 79%. Using QC3 Charger. The phone is 10 days old

It seems you created a second account, please see your provious topic with answers above

Edit: Screenshot of the setting under Settings-Battery

3 Likes

bingo! thanks a million

Hi, I have a strange problem: my new FP5 (bought in October 2023) does only charge up to max 79/80% . I have tried different cables, different chargers, different contacts, installed the latest updateā€¦ Since ca 4 weeks ago the battery never charges upp to 100%.
It always stops at 79%. Is there a ā€œlimit buttonā€ somewhere, which I have missed? It is very strange. Anyone who has an idea how I can fix this problem?

Thereā€™s an battery safety feature in settings, battery part. There you can limit charging to 80%, and also limit the current used for charging. Itā€™s probably on in settings, cannot say whether the default changes, as Iā€™m having it on for both

3 Likes

Thank you for superfast answer! This is the solution!
Have a wonderful day!

2 Likes

The option to protect the battery is off, but sometimes the battery only gets charged up to 80%. It happens maybe one a week. See also screenshots. Does somebody see that as well?

I have moved your post here.
Please see above.

Have you tried turning Battery Protect ON and then OFF again?

I think I did the on off switch already before my post. I did it also after my post and Iā€™m observing whether the issue would occure again.

I almost thought the problem is gone. But today it happened again.

After 8 days I saw the issue again. I continue to post here my observations.

So what happens, the setting to charge only to 80 is enabled somehow? Is it possible this happens with a reboot?

No, the setting is still disabled. Also, Iā€™m not going to reboot my device once a week in the hope I can avoid a semi loaded phone.

Since i use my FP5, it only charges to 79% (with battery savings option enabled). Sometimes it charges to 80%, but this is rarely.

It doesnā€™t matter if i use fast- or slow-charging.

Please try to turn battery protection on and then off again. You never know that might helpā€¦

Done.

But donā€™t misunderstand me: I want to have battery protection on ond not off. I only want to point to the difference between 79% and 80% :slight_smile:

Greetings
Dominion

1 Like