Fairphone 3 Loudspeaker issues

Hi :slight_smile:

Sometimes when I call and push the loudspeaker button, there is no change. But when I plug in my headset to the USB port, suddenly the loudspeaker gets into action.
Anyone familiar with this phenomena as well?

Thanks,
Nimrod

Do you mean that once the headset is plugged in, the sound comes from the external speaker on the bottom left side of the FP3?

Anyway, dial * # * # 6 6 # * # * to access a range of hardware tests (perhaps also available in the app “My Fairphone”). These should include loudspeaker and earspeaker tests.

If you consider the hardware is OK, following @urs_lesse guide, then you may want to consider a software option.
The most common ways of investigating an uncommon anomaliy is to check the SD card formatting and trying a Safe Mode restart.

See this recent post for more detail on SD card

and this for Safe Mode
https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048843571

Thank you!
Yes, this is exactly what happens.

I will try to follow your instructions and let you know the results.

Kind Regards,
Nimrod

Dears,

I ran the tests and they were successful.
I also noticed that this phenomenon happens only when I plug in the headset to the USB port, not to the PL on top.

Also, sometimes when I turn the speaker on when I am holding on the line, when I get answered and I try to turn off the speaker, the speaker stays on. I noticed it happens only when Im calling IVR systems, not on regular calls. It happens several times actually.

Do you have any idea? It seems like a software bug to me.

Thank you again!
Nimrod

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.