Fairphone 3 /e/ stock Music app not detecting music on SD card

I am running /e/OS 0.9-2020070161107 on my Fairphone 3.

The stock /e/OS Music app is not detecting my music (mostly MP3 files, but also some AAC and OGG) stored in a “music” folder on my external SD card. In the past, when I used LineageOS on my Fairphone 2, the stock Music app can detect the same files on the same SD card. The /e/OS stock Camera app and the Simple Gallery app can also detect images stored on this SD card so I don’t think it’s an issue of apps not having access to the SD card. Oh and VLC can detect and play those music files with no problem

What might be causing this problem and how do I fix it?

Well, you might have a look here as there are some hints (which unfortunately didn’t help in the case described within the topic):

2 Likes

Thanks, also, for your help on this issue. It’s sad that there’s no solution in sight! Fingers crossed someone can help.

1 Like

Here is how it ended: https://community.e.foundation/t/music-not-found-in-the-music-player/18309/7

2 Likes

Thanks @DeepSea

Well curl my whiskers and paint them green! I uninstalled a bunch of rarely used apps and the music app is working again. I have no idea if any particular app was responsible.

Strange! Unfortunately I don’t want to uninstall any of my apps just for “fixing” the stock Music app. Oh well.

Over in the respective German topic a factory reset resolved this, motivated by the same “curl my whiskers” quote … 🇩🇪 /e/ App "Musik" kann mp3 auf SD-Karte nicht abspielen.

1 Like