Fairphone 2 Ubuntu Touch

@paulakreuzer @Roboe @Stefan -> The poster was a last-minute project. We wanted to show that the Fairphone is a very good choice for various multiple Operating systems.
@UbuCon many positive comments about the Fairphone and our Ubuntu Touch Project!

6 Likes

Project update:

We are currently struggling to get the RIL to work. If anyone has any experience with RIL, join our Telegram group.
https://telegram.me/joinchat/AI_ukwlaB6KCsteHcXD0jw

Update:
GUI -> Working
Wifi -> Working
Audio -> working
Camera ->working
Bluetooth -> Working
Motion sensor ->wip
GSM -> WIP
GPS ->Wip

7 Likes

Awesome, keep up the good work!

1 Like

FYI: Meanwhile at UbuCon Europe: The StationDock

1 Like

He used my fp2 :slight_smile: @18:30 …and bricks my phone @30:10 :angry: Lucky it was a softbrick -> reflash fix it.

3 Likes

wow, you are quite far :slight_smile: Good job. Really looking forward to seeing a working Ubunutu touch version.

2 Likes

Another feature working: Screen Rotation

5 Likes

As of this weekend we’ve merged our sources with ubport. guide must be updated

1 Like

I followed the instructioins on first post link and stuck again at point 4. where cache seams to be already mounted i get this:

$ sudo adb shell mount /cache
mount: can’t read ‘/etc/fstab’: No such file or directory

so as described here in post 27 i carried on to point 5 but then i get this:

2016/11/27 09:39:30 error pushing: failed to copy ‘/home/novski/.cache/ubuntuimages/pool/keyring-f812366ff5018823acd3918f65837f7ade9679431e6e5ca6627a4e48f8dd643b.tar.xz’ to ‘/cache/recovery/’: Is a directory

so i did as @wouterx also mentioned in post 27 and got another error within the adb shell:

$ adb shell
~ # mount -a
mount: can’t read ‘/etc/fstab’: No such file or directory

im stuck in Cyanogen Recovery so far…

2 Likes

/cache was not mounted and fstab was somehow missing.

Option 1

adb reboot recovery

Continue step 4

Option 2

adb reboot bootloader

Download recovery.img (in first post)

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Continue step 3

2 Likes

I have update the build guide (post 2)

3 Likes

Do you know when we can phone on ubuntu touch?

1 Like

we are working on it.

Working:
We can register a SIM card to the gsm-network
We can send and receive a text message.
We can read the IMEI
We can make and receive a call with commandline AT commands WITHOUTaudio

Still not working :
No voice call - GUI does not respond yet
No voice call -No audio
No data connection

If there is anyone who has experience with AudioflingerGlue, Please join our telegram group. https://telegram.me/joinchat/AI_ukwlaB6KCsteHcXD0jw

8 Likes

I have updated the build guide (post 2)
Added
<project path="vendor/fairphone" name="proprietary_vendor_fairphone" remote="smoose"/>

3 Likes

Hi everyone, and about A-GPS? Or is a _thin_g that only works in commercial Ubuntu phones?

3 Likes

Hey, A-Gps on Ubuntu Touch is currently only available through Nokia HERE on the commercial devices. But we’re trying to figure out, if it is possible to use HERE on the FP2 or preferably on all the UBports devices without paying a ridiculous royalty fee. We will let you know how it goes. :slight_smile:

There are plans to implement the Mozilla Location Service some time in the future. A bounty on bountysource has been set up for this. So if you’re interested in dropping a few bucks to the cause, check it out: https://www.bountysource.com/issues/39808752-support-for-mozilla-location-service-a-gps

6 Likes

Sounds good, @NeoTheThird

1 Like

Hi

I’m still trying to boot to fastboot, but FP2 stays in loop when holding volume down + power button. If I release the buttons the phone stays with the logo FP2 powered by android.

I’ve tried also with adb reboot bootloader, but nothing happens. ADB is working fine with my other devices, FP2 is not recognizable.

Any tips? :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I release the buttons the phone stays with the logo FP2 powered by android.

This is in fact fastboot mode. :blush:Try fastboot devices.

3 Likes

Thank you Stefan!

Sorry for the “spam” :slight_smile:

2 Likes