Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

… had same problem. But I borrowed me an older one from a colleague. → this is no alternative for you (and all the others waiting for their FP2)? It was & is the only temporary solution for me. Better than nothing :wink:

Best!
webaschtl

1 Like

Hey everyone,
to sum up my delivery and to give hope to those, who aren’t in a rush: i ordered my black matte FP2 on January 4th with an order nr. 547XX. My status changed to “Prepare Batch” in the beginning of February (although i can’t remember the exact date). This morning (09.03.) i got an email, that my FP2 is already on it’s way. By using the tracking number, i could figure out, that it already arrived in my city. Also in the FP shop my status was changed to “Complete”. All in all i am very pleased with the whole process, keeping in mind, that there were 53.000 something customers before me, that the phones had to be assembled and shipped and that i am in the situation, where i already own a working phone so i wasn’t in a rush. Keep the good work going :slight_smile:

Cheers
aeMKei

4 Likes

Hi all,

We have updated the blog with the latest delivery information. Tomorrow, we plan to email all owners with this update.

Unfortunately, there is a 2 week delay from now for those of you who ordered in January. If you ordered in February up to today, phones will begin shipping in 3 weeks.

I hope we have explained the situation well in the blog and given you background information on the complexity with the workforce and production. I’m sorry for the delay, and I hope we can work on better communication in these next weeks as we finish up pre-ordered phones. Thanks for your patience so far!

Best,
Joe

6 Likes

Good news (for me). My phone is comming, Ordered on 6th of january and as a > aaMKei said, the status changed this morning.

Lets wait until I have it in my hands. :slight_smile:

Ordered on 6th of January and my phone arrived yesterday! Very happy with it so far, I hope every one else gets their phones soon!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Fairphone says in the blog that owners from transparent cases paid in December have received an email explaining what was going on, but I received no email.

Now some of you are receiving orders from january, so kind of wondering if this has also been pushed to the end of March.

Does anyone have news of what happened to these orders?

I’m also a transparent-back Fairphone 2 owner, and I also have ordered in December (30th), but I received the email with the delays explanations.

Today I also received the DHL Delivery Tracking Number. My Fairphone 2 it’s on the way and should arrive in moments.

My Order Number is #2000542**

I suggest you to directly contact the Support Team. Theoretically, quoting Fairphone team email, “your phone should ship next week between 9-11 March.

I hope it’s just a miscommunication problem.

Bye :relaxed:

Thanks @iPelle,

I already wrote to the support team, but I haven’t received any reply yet.

Let’s hope my Fairphone will follow the same luck as yours, and that it hasn’t been used as a cracker during the chinese new year :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks very much joe for your information! And sorry for not answering earlier!
Best wishes,
Sofia

thanks Joe! So if I ordered my Fairphone in late february it should be deivered in early April?

Hello everyone,

I’m considering buying a FP, but I’m leaving to Chile (from Italy) in one month so I would really need it to be delivered soon enough.

I wrote to the support team a couple of weeks ago, but I have not received any answer yet. I know they are very overwhelmed.

Just to have an idea, I think it would be helpful to know something from people who received their FPs in the last days: when did you order it?

I.e What is the current delay between purchase and delivery?
Is the delivery of the first pre-order bunch finished or still ongoing?

Also, are there factors influencing the delivery process? E.g. I think I understood that at some point there was a shortage of transparent covers and therefore deliveries with that cover were delayed. Is that true? I would like to have a transparent cover, but I would not choose it if it could influence delivery.

Thank you everyone

I’m afraid, you wouldn’t get it in time. You might try a reseller. For example, the German online shop Memo has FP2s with black backcover in stock and delivers to EU countries. Unfortunately, the page is in German only: http://www.memo.de/index.jsp?page=group.jsp&groupId=23170

1 Like

Thank you Irina for your answer. If I would ever have issues with my FP, would I still be able to ask for official FP team support if I buy it from that German website?

However, I would still be curious to hear the delays currently experienced by users…

I would imagine you would, but I do know that Fairphone currently does not or cannot ship parts/replacements/repaired devices outside of Europe - so support will be limited (but not because you bought it via a reseller).

Yesterday’s blog update provides the latest info on shipping delays, but it doesn’t mention whether the next batch is large enough to be able to fulfil all current orders.

Thank you Johannes,

yes, I know that support is not provided for non Europe Countries.
However, as far as the delivered phone will be functioning correctly I hope I would not need repair / replacements for at least a few months and I will stay in Chile for 8 months at max.

However, if, as it seems, it is likely that I won’t be able to get my phone until just few days before leaving, it can be risky because, if, for any reason, I will have issues with my phone, I will not have time to deal with it and ask support.

Hello,
I ordered today my Fairphone. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to be delivered? I can´t find anything one the homepage :frowning .

On this page it says:

And on the blog @anon90052001 wrote:

[quote] Updated: Friday 25 March

We have news from our manufacturing partner about the next Fairphone 2 shipment. A batch of phones is expected to leave China on Monday and should arrive in the Netherlands a few days after. In next Wednesday’s update, we hope to provide a new delivery schedule based on this phone shipment and the next batches to follow. Thanks for your patience, and we wish you a pleasant long weekend.
[/quote]

1 Like

cool, thank you!

I’m one of those people, who ordered their Fairphone in Octobre and received the wrong cover. Can anyone tell me if the codes for the free order of a new cover have already been sent? They were promised for March and I haven’t received one yet.

I haven’t received the code yet either, so it’s not just you…

1 Like