Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

So based on this the pre-orders should be somewhere between 17,000 and 26,000, right? @anon90052001, any chance to shed some light on this?

Grazie mille!
root

1 Like

Almost 12 k shipped, yay!

Slowly I also get impatient and excited, probably mine will be shipped next week? (14xxx)
With ~600 per day it seems likely :grinning:

Have you gotten a confirmation e-mail by now? I’m ca. number 10700 with a payment in mid-september. The new blogpost says that until now only phones paid by August have been delivered, the counter however shows almost 12000 phones already delivered. It seems that the counter is at least 2000 phones ahead of order numbers…

1 Like

The counter shows how many phones have left the distribution centre. So it could well be that your phone is already on its way.

in today’s update in the blog @anon90052001 states:

“We have shipped 11,914 phones to owners across Europe. These phones are being delivered to owners who paid for their orders at the end of August. Next week, we will start to ship orders for owners who paid in early September.”

I paid on september 12 and got number 11750: so either the counter does not correspond to the order number or joe is wrong.

The same for me, I got the number 1052x and I have not received any delivery message yet…

We have shipped 11,914 phones to owners across Europe. These phones are
being delivered to owners who paid for their orders at the end of
August. Next week, we will start to ship orders for owners who paid in
early September.

I am number 9510. But I paid in early September. So why I have to wait now again?
I first tought it was already shipped on tuesday. But now it seems I will get it next week.
This information is very confusing. :frowning:

1 Like

Same here - Nr.11xxx - order on the 12th of step. The message does confuse me …
:confused:

1 Like

@garmSTRG @necrosis @jona @eipaeipa @sonne

Just for info and comparison, my delivery number of 138XX came from a payment processed on 25 September. I thought I’d got in earlier, but apparently not! There must’ve been a real rush at the end of the crowdfunding phase…

Would be great if you could post when you receive the phone and its (rough) destination. I’ll post when mine gets to Dublin!

2 Likes

Will do, but I should get mine later than yours :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

you never know, it just took ten days for a parcel from a much unfairer company than this one to travel from London to Dublin - the race is on! :grin:

Ha ok. Well, I live closer than you to the distribution center (In the Ruhrgebiet), so let’s see!

2 Likes

@Eipaeipa: Hi, have you read Stefans post?

… Or the e-mail has not been sent yet. The confirmation e-mail may take some time as has already been discussed in this very topic. Additionally, @anon90052001 mentioned it explicitly in the 11 Jan update:

So I would suggest to exercise patience. :wink:

1 Like

I even responded to Stefans post. The problem is that, according to joe, they have not yet shipped any phones paid september. I paid my phone in september. That’s why I believe it hasn’t been shipped yet.

Edit: And by the way: thanks a lot for the advice with the patience. Haven’t had that idea before. What’s the alternative anyway? Raiding the netherlands? All I wanted to know from @Brybe is by how much the shipping-counter is in front of the order-numbers.

Edit 2: Thanks to @necrosis who hasn’t recieved the delivery mail by now (order number 9510) we know that the shipment-counter is at least 2400 phones ahead of the order number (currently shipeed: 11914 --> .11914 - 9510 = 2404) The reason for this was explained before: for the order numbers the actual orders are counted, for the shippment counter they count individual phones. This matters when people order more than one phone and means that amongst the first 12000 fairphones at least 2400 left the distribution center with one or more friends in the same package :slightly_smiling:.

1 Like

I should have read more accurately. Sorry for that and the patience-comment (though it wasn’t meant to anger you).

You are right, if already some people with 9xxx delivery numbers had paid in september and nearly 12000 are shipped by now, this does not match in some way. I thought that @anon90052001 may have mixed up the correspondance of delivery numbers and payment date, but this guess may be wrong as only now I understand what you mean by the shipment counter not corresponding to the delivery numbers (btw you mean delivery numbers and not order numbers, right?).

Hm not sure what you mean by that (if it wasn’t meant ironic). Anyway, I think replacements of malfunctioning phones also falls under this category. Nevertheless, I would have expected this number to be much smaller than 2400.

Edit: After your edit, I now understand (that one delivery number may correspond to two or more phones ordered at the same time). Thanks for the hint! :smile: With this in mind, the difference of 2400 is much more explicable.

So if someone ordered 2 phones at different times, he will get his phones together? This seems really unfair. Fairphone always said they will send them step by step as first come first served.

But now. I do not believe them. First they said that and another day they said other things. I think they should remove their counter. It is really ridiculous. Really.
Even I paid in September, my number is 9510. All the things doesn’t match. :frowning:

I know, delivery number 9274 arrived at 21.1.16. I think the difference can not be so big. -.-

Could this really be true? Are they delivering new orders before all pre-orders are sent out?
I’m very glad for you, don’t get me wrong. But I’m curious why I shouldn’t just cancel my old order and make a new one, apparently I wouldn’t have to wait until February…

1 Like

To me, this seems unbelievable. ^^ I ordered my FP2 back in September and am still waiting… (can hardly wait any more - so excited!). But then, this is “wonderman” :smiley:

4 Likes

This is indeed very interesting… :confused:

No, I don’t think so, but: If someone ordered two phones at the same time, then he/she will get only one delivery number for both phones, as they are sent with the same package. So in this case, the number of sold phones goes up by two whereas the delivery number counter increases by one. At least, this is how I understood @Eipaeipa’s considerations.

3 Likes