Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

FP wants all preordered phones (over 17000 IIRC) to be shipped this month if I understand the last blog post correctly. January has only 9 workdays left. Approx 8300 phones have been shipped between late december and now. Do the math…
I see no way that they are going to meet their estimates. anyway I hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

8385 phones shipped.

Today’s update is very short:

Still 8385 phones. It seems Fairphone is busy doing nothing…
Do they really want to wait for the 4040 phones from China? >_<

As freibadschwimmer and Sonne already mentioned, this seems to be the distribution center capacity at the moment (and was nearly the same the preceding days).

It might be that they are just lacking the numbers from the distribution center for one day, so couldn’t update the counter, though phones were shipped. This already occasionally happened in the past.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t see how they’re expecting to ship out 9033 phones before the end of next week…?

Delivery number 14660…hoping to have my FP2 before the end of February.

1 Like

We’re working on getting information now to update the counter from the last two days.

5 Likes

Hello,
I pre-ordered FP2 on 2015 september 29th but I have not received delivery number. I read that it’s normal after crowdfunding but I have some doubs for the 29 september.

I got the delivery number in the email, in which the receipt was attached. Did you check that?
Do you know when your money has been transferred? Maybe the money only arrived in October, then I am not sure if that still counts as being part of the crowdfunding period, or if that counts as pre-order after crowdfounding.

Normally, I am not really a gadget-freak. I consider myself not to be a shop-aholic. So why am I looking at the counter on the homepage, to see when my FP2 will arive?..

I put it down to enthousiasm… :sunglasses:

Only about 1.000 to go, if the number on my invoice is indeed the order in which they will arrive. As soon as they do, I will post about my impressions. Until then? :cold_sweat:

Hugs,

Paul

2 Likes

Yesterday I received a parcel from the Netherlands. I could not understand why as it was over 17,000 backers when I clicked “Check out”. It actually was: a cover!! So I have received my extra cover before the phone, something to keep me waiting. It turns out that the phone is barely larger than my current Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, a good surprise…

3 Likes

I ordered on 29th Sept too and I have no hope of getting it in January! Maybe you should do like me: lower your expectations to not be disappointed…

2 Likes

I know what you’re saying, Paul, I can’t quite understand my impatience. It’s almost like because they are giving news and information that I want more updates all the time. Willy Wonka would kick me out of his chocolate factory in two seconds flat…

I’ve got a few thousand people ahead of me in line, I’m order number 13,8XX. Which, reading between the lines, means that mine will arrive in the first week of February, as it seems that just under 600 per day are shipping. (ie, around 10,500 by the end of this week, 13,250 by the end of January, 16,000 to the end of the first week in February. So, @fgaine, at this rate you’ll be in the second week of Feb? @anon90052001 are these wildly inaccurate predictions?

Do let us know when you get yours, @pwiegers

T

Not lower the expectations: change. At first it was a Christmas present, then New Years present, then a “starting-the-new-year” present - I’m now looking forward to my Valentine’s Day present (del. no. 15.XXX)

3 Likes

Thanks for your replies, I wanted to check if my order is regular. =)

We’re trying to get a better idea of the production and delivery outlook to give more info. We’ll update the blog tomorrow and the counter still needs to be updated from Wednesday’s shipment + today’s shipment.

3 Likes

Hi all! :smiley:
I’m in! :wink: Ordered last week and delivery number 26129…the breathless wait has started :smiley:
Bye!

6 Likes

The suspense is killing me. According to the counter my phone should have been sent out on Tuesday…but still not even a confirmation e-mail. Did anyone here already receive their phone with a 9XXX order number?

1 Like

Hi! Where did you find the delivery number? I ordered and paid in early December last year and received no information on delivery yet. Just wondering… :wink:

Cheers!

Pre-orders who ordered after the crowdfunding, didn’t get a delivery number. Seems strange to me if new orders would get one, but we still didn’t get more information (which is fine to me, but it feels a bit strange if people who order now can start calculating and we can’t :slight_smile: )

I found my number in the email I received after payment

Dear #####,
Thank you for your order!

This is your delivery number: 26129

Your payment has been successfully completed. Below you’ll find your receipt, which is also attached as a PDF.

To check the status of your order, simply log in to your Fairphone Account.