Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

Delivery number 1650, tra back cover… I don’t understand when the phone will be delivered and I wish I have chosen another back cover in order to get it sooner.

Any information available I didn’t catch?

tranparent back cover

1 Like

I believe with a delivery number like that the back cover color makes no difference anymore, as long as it’s not blue.

Which means? …

I should feel very happy then to have changed my mind from blue tranparent to fully transparent :sweat_smile:

I don’t see where I am criticising you for disagreeing with me, so I do apologize if that is how you felt. If we agreed, our conversation would not be very interesting and would probably defeat the purpose of this forum, hence I am happy that you disagree with me. On this thought we will agree to disagree on the subject of the complaining. I will finish by correcting your analogy with “investing in carrots”, you are not “investing” in carrots when you go to the grocer’s, you just purchase them. If you decided to hand some of your money to a carrot producer so he could rent a field and by some plants or seeds, hoping to get a share of his benefits, you would be “investing in carrots” :smile:

My wording was probably pretty poor (nothing changes :smile:) I felt your initial post suggested people shouldn’t be complaining, which I felt was a little unfair, Apologies if I interpreted wrong.

Sorry also to everyone for hijacking the post.

I get your point, but still friendlily disagree. Here are 2 definitions of invest that I feel meet my usage.

• devote (one’s time, effort, or energy) to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result: “we have invested a considerable amount of time in demonstrating the value of the system”

• buy (a relatively expensive product) whose usefulness will repay the cost.

I’m not an investor, but I have invested (or ‘spent’) money and faith into a project for which I will receive a return I feel is worthy of my ‘investment’.

The counter just jumped from 960 to 1005.

1 Like

Can it be that this has something to do with UK regulations (and geography)? I guess Germany is easier to reach (distance-wise and regulations-wise) than the isles. :slight_smile:

Btw., @Chris_R, have you received yours?

1 Like

No, I’ve got a blue transparent cover, so I’m stuck waiting for a bit.

It has been mentioned to me previously by a member of FP team that shipping to the UK does take longer, but when they sent the package it arrived within days. I don’t think there is any special regs though. Nothing I’m aware of, and we’ve been sending packages to and from Germany for a few years (admittedly not phones though of course!)

1 Like

I have just received a text message from DHL Express. My phone (black translucent, delivery no. 1949) was picked up by them yesterday at 17:05 and is expected to be delivered in the UK on Monday 4th Jan.

Edit: The counter was on 1005 when I got this message so it is lagging by more than a day from when the phones are picked up.

4 Likes

Thanks @quq - that’s really useful info.

@kevr1990 just wanted to let you know, that I completely agree with your posts (the ones you deleted) from today… why did you withdraw them?

Not fair… :angry::grin:

1650 is 299 before 1949… I want my phone!!!

Switzerland is even closer… but nothing yet…

@rainer_zufall I just don’t want to be ‘that guy’ who moans all the time. My concerns are relatively small in the grand scheme of things, but dominate my posts.

1 Like

Oh. So I just changed my telephone number in my account from my voice mailbox to my mobile phone number so I also can receive text messages.

1 Like

Good for you :slight_smile:
mine would have a black translucent back as well… since I have a delivery number in the 170ies I wonder… same mess as with fp1 obviously (delivery numbers are just for filling blank spaces?).
I’d just appreciate if the team simply said ‘lads we’re shipping them out at random’ (since that’s what’s happening as it seems)

That would be great! :laughing: My phone is probably somewhere around delivery no. 18.000.

3 Likes

That would require a heavy organization, they would need to re-arrange the stack for each new order, the tracking would also be painful, I’m sure they would likely send the same order twice… Ah! Now I know where my money went!

That’s a pretty cool piece of info, thanks!
My delivery number is 955 with transparent case so hopefully it will get here soon! :smile: