Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

Is Fairphone a bit overstrained because apparently they don’t send out any e-mails to the receiver when the parcel service picks up their Fairphone?

Be forewarned that the postman rings unexpected and surprisingly at your door and brings your Fairphone 2.

I (#3773) have not received any delivery information. So I don’t know if my parcel is on the way or not. It is plausible because #1949 is already on its way since Monday. But I am forewarned if the postman rings unexpected and surprisingly at my door and brings my Fairphone 2.

1 Like

My one arrived today, as well without any prior email. :slight_smile: I already informed the support, in case they had problems with their system and didn’t know yet.

2 Likes

Great! What was your order #? which cover did you choose? :slight_smile:

I chose a transparent cover and my order no. was #300019227.

Thanks.

Still there is no transparent information why this mayor promise is broken. And still there is not official explanation or excuse besides this forum (only answers here because some asked why) does exist.

It is not my personal opinion that matters. Or that I don´t know why I still didn´t cancel.

But I still demand transparency and honesty instead of the actual advertising from whoever - not only for me, but for everybody (that means not only here). Can somebody understand this?

Delivery #2808, thus I expected it to arrive next week. Makes me even happier that it’s already here :smiley: DHL express delivery btw.

1 Like

There are a couple cases reported here on the forum of people not receiving a notification email before delivery. But this does not mean it affects all orders, or that it’s a systemic issue. Our operations team is looking into it.

I just got a message from DPD that my phone will be delivered today around 11:00… oups door bell just now and…

This is it !!! I got it!!! while writing this message! :blush::grinning:

9 Likes

Thanks joe. I’ve not received an email - and can’t recieve text messages- so I’ve alerted support.

Hi all,

The counter is now updated to 2,000 phones shipped out of the distribution center in the Netherlands (this is as-of end of day Tuesday 29 Dec). We will have more information on our blog end of today on issues like the blue back covers.

There are 2 reported cases here on the forum where people did not receive a notification track and trace email before delivery. Right now, this does not look like a systemic issue in which people should be concerned of a ‘surprise’ delivery, but the operations team is looking into it.

Best,
Joe

3 Likes

My fairphone 2 has arrived at home! Woop woop! I can’t believe it. I didn’t expect it anymore this year! :slight_smile:
Details for your own calculations: delivery number #2046 - black translucent case - no shipping mail from fairphone - no notification from dhl - arrived on Wednesday 11:00 in Vienna, Austria - (((probably sent on Monday, but that’s just my best guess.))

PS. Now I just have to get home!

7 Likes

Hi Joe, thanks for the update. I didn’t receive an email either but did get the text message from DHL. Does the email only come through if we didn’t provide a phone number?

1 Like

Hi, I just received mine, number 2795 (transparent back cover).

@anon90052001 I didn’t receive any e-mail too (though I clearly don’t care, it was a nice surprise to have it today). I don’t think I have even been contacted by DHL but since my phone has sms issues it’s possible I didn’t receive it either. My order is marked as “Prepare Batch” in the shop.

EDIT : Good job Fairphone for sending them (especially at this rate) between Christmas and New Year’s Eve, I must admit I’m impressed.

4 Likes

I hope the proud and happy new Fairphone 2 owners will tell us a little bit about their phones in this thread: First impressions Fairphone 2 :wink:

My neighbor just got my Fairphone without me being notified! :wink:

5 Likes

thanks @joe :slight_smile:

I pre-ordered my phone on 30th September at around 12pm. Over 17,000 people had done so before me. I know I should not expect my phone before the end of January, which gives me inner poise, patience and serenity, something you pioneers haven’t got! :wink:

4 Likes

Hi everybody,

I have an update on the issue where some Fairphone 2 orders were shipped and received by owners without these owners receiving a track and trace email. Sure enough, according to Murphy’s Law, there is an issue with our webshop backend, so that some orders (not all) have their package shipped without receiving a notification track and trace email.

The good news of course is that phones are steadily shipping, and I’m personally happy that some of you in this thread who didn’t get a track and trace email and weren’t expecting your phone this week, are actually getting them!

Our webshop partners are working to fix this issue ASAP but with the holidays capacity is not at a normal level, so we do not expect a fix until Monday 4 January at the earliest. Since we’re approaching the New Year’s holiday weekend, there won’t be many new orders shipped that will be affected, but we wanted to share this news with you all.

Our customer support asks that you refrain from contacting them about your shipping status until we have more news about the webshop solution. When that happens, all track and trace emails should be sent regularly and retroactively.

Best,
Joe

7 Likes

@paulakreuzer: Did you have a delivery number greater than 2808 (which now is the highest number delivered and reported here at the forum)?

No, mine is 2012.