Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

Hi,

We updated the blog about 10 minutes ago. The counter has not increased, because we are still confirming numbers from the distribution center/courier of how many phones were shipped.

Cheers-
Joe

2 Likes

We are now shipping with three back covers: black matte, black
translucent and transparent. Blue translucent and blue matte back covers
are expected to ship out of China later this week. Once we get
confirmation, we’ll share the shipping details in this blog.

Today’s update: Blue backcovers expected to be shipped to the Netherlands this week (not confimed). I just hope my blue matte cover looks badass enough to compensate the extra waiting time :stuck_out_tongue: Really hoping my phone (<3000) arrives within the winter break so I have time to play with it.

1 Like

Does the counter mean how many phones left the warehouse or does it mean how many phones arrived at their proud owners?

Hi joe,

If my phone has been shipped today, should I have a tracking number, or will that arrive later? (Or not at all?)

The counter means how many phones have left the distribution center, or warehouse. “Arrived” to proud owners we can’t know as delivery times vary between Holland to Romania, and maybe people are not at home to receive it the first delivery attempt.

In theory :smile: , you should get the tracking number by email the day it leaves the distribution center. But I would give it 24 hours.

3 Likes

Thanks Joe for your reactivity and transparency, I’m sure we all appreciate that

5 Likes

When does the serialnumber appear in the shop? Does it appear even before shipping/instantly when packed, does it take some time or is this a feature which isn’t used?

(If it appears instantly, one can use this as an indicator that the phone will be shipped soon.)

I got my tracking number as soon as the FP2 was registered at the parcel service (DHL), so even before it was shipped.
Note that my DHL tracking number could not be tracked (at this moment it still can’t be tracked), although the tracking number was correct (at least it’s the same as on the parcel).

Thanks. I’ve still got nothing so I guess the wait continues.

Mine is still not in the shop, although I have my FP2 since last week…

1 Like

The counter now displayes 400. @anon90052001 just 50 phones yesterday? When more than 1600 should be in the distribution center, hopefully that can’t be right. Could you please shed some more light on this. Thanks!

Edit: now 800 are displayed. Still very slow, but more realistic, I guess… :confused:

It has just been updated to 800 now

Where can I find the counter?
I think I am blind…

Just go to the main site: https://www.fairphone.com/ and you will see it… :smile:

1 Like

Got mine with transparent cover! AWESOME! Just have to get home now :smile:

7 Likes

I have to agree with vowi. We all willingly spent an unreasonable amount of money and accepted to wait for an unreasonable amount of time to get a phone we’ve never tried or touched, mainly for commendable reasons: we either care for people’s working conditions, or want to protest against big consumerist corporations or are sustainability oriented or want a phone we can experiment with - some of us all of the above. Now we are getting a string of moans about case colours and the possibility of having to wait for a few more days. This does not match up.

2 Likes

What was your delivery number @vlad? I ordered transparent cover (order number 70-something) and mine hasn’t even been shipped yet, as far as I can tell.

Just wanted to let you know, my FP2 with transparent cover and delivery number 206 just arrived (germany). Without notification of delivery, status in shop is “preparing batch” :smile:

1 Like

thanks @reinhold_eins - that’s encouraging.

^ this above is where I think people have got it completely wrong. You cannot assimilate crowdfunding to shareholding. Go be a shareholder of Apple or Samsung, you might be able to bang your fist on the table, have demands, participate in the decision-making etc… Be a crowdfunder and you are probably - and I might be wrong but that’s my understanding - an idealist who believes that some project can happen and decides to risk some money to help it happen. Your 525€ pay for a lot of things besides the actual phone, nowhere have I read the mention of a greater right to complain :grinning: You do get 100% more transparency that you will ever get from any other company, however the resources spent on too much communication would eventually drain those spent on actually producing and shipping the product. I believe that we do have to give them some slack and let them get on.

6 Likes