Fairphone 2 pop-up in London - 26 & 27 Sept

To our UK community - I hope you’ll join us the weekend of 26 & 27 September in London.

We’ll have the final Fairphone prototypes to play with, as well as workshops on repairability with The Restart Project, discussions with our design partner Seymour Powell and a panel discussion with Bethnal Green Ventures on social business.

Full program and times to come. Save the date now: https://www.facebook.com/events/1622602654661689/

Video from our London pop-up space in 2013: https://vimeo.com/76316669

2-4 Melior Place
London
Sat & Sun: 10 AM - 6 PM

Fairphone at the London Design Festival
http://www.londondesignfestival.com/events/fairphone-2

4 Likes

Has someone attended the “kickoff” meetings and wants to share his notes?

I would really like to know more about the suppliers and their materials used for the phone in the end and the list of binary blobs needed to make the hardware work. Thanks!

4 Likes

I guess no forum members were there in London. We filmed some parts of the weekend and will release videos but not sure it gives an exact representation of the workshop itself.

Maybe another developer who was there from Jolla (or Firefox may have been there, too?) could write a blog about their impressions. I’ll see if I can contact them.

Thanks! Sometimes I think it would be easier to just release the technical info/slides asked for in the forum. I’m sure the event was cool and fun!

But it would safe a lot of people a lot of work arguing or looking up information on the internet. :slight_smile: I’m sure the devs already know about this, because they are currently busy getting the software up & running … so I’m sure they will have some notes.

• List of binary blobs used
  • Bill of materials for the FP2 with the supplier companies and their SHEQ/audit ratings (if possible) and if 3T&G was used for that part or not.
  • Project tracker (for bugs and ideas?)

I hope I don’t sound rude, I’m just wondering why it is so complicated to at least partly release this kind of information. I don’t want such info to “judge” the whole project, I just want to know if the FP2 is the phone I want. And, no, I don’t mind drafts, I just dislike getting only unspecific information. Some more hard facts would be nice.

1 Like

Sorry I couldn’t be there Joe, I really tried but just couldn’t afford the train down :frowning:

That’s ok, @kevr1990. Next time!

3 Likes

Hey,
are there any pics, results, blogs, summarys or anything similar to get an overview what had happened at the London Design Festival and at the FP2 Pop up?
Any comments @anon90052001 ?
Cheers, Robert

5 Likes

Hey, sorry for the late response. I was on holiday last week.

We are working on some video(s) now to show what happened during the London Design Festival. Hope to get them out soon!

So I guess this is the video @joe talked about:

Not so sure about it, maybe you’re right. Published … Nov 18 could fit. But I was more thinking of videos of people giving talks with open discussions in the end. This is a different … very produced video.

Tja, I don’t know. Maybe @anon90052001 or @Douwe can comment this…

Oh, it’s fine. I don’t want to get in trouble for this again. This was the schedule so I had something like “open panel discussions” in mind. But I guess that’s just my problem. Nobody ever promised to film them and filming only works well for talks on stages, not so much for workshops.