Fairphone 2 in fastboot mode is not found by Windows 10

I have a Fairphone 2 with Ubuntu on it and I am trying to install android on it.
I followed the online guide by fairphone themselves to manually install it and everything seems fine, but the .bat says it cannot find my phone.
Also, when the phone is not in fastboot mode it connects to the pc just fine. But when it is in fastboot, I only get that yellow triangle in the device manager. What could be the problem here?

I think I’ve seen some people reporting success to search for optional windows updates while a phone is plugged via USB an in fastboot mode. Maybe that helps?

A more manual way of installing Windows drivers is here, including screenshots (I know the title says FP3 but I’m quite sure the phone model doesn’t really matter much)

2 Likes

Hey Ingo, thanks for your reply. I already found that entry and installed all the stuff, didn’t change anything for me. Do you have another idea?

Sorry, no idea, I usually run Linux, not Windows.

There’s also this … even if over time it turned out to be more of an ADB/MTP repair than a fastboot repair, but it has helped fastboot here and there …

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.