Fairphone 2 Bottom Module

I am urgently looking for a Fairphone 2 Bottom Module

(Once you have found the product you were looking for, please add [FOUND] in front of the topic title or ask one of the #communitymoderators to do it for you)

Where would it/they need to be shipped (country or city)? Austria

Other, remarks:

NB: If you are interested and want to send a direct message, please check #how-to-dm.
Be aware, that cross-border shipment of batteries outside a phone is virtually impossible for individuals.

Hi @rudlberger and welcome to the forum. I note you have been reading the forum for 5min, so I hope you are aware that a) the demand is now largely on a user who manufactures new ones and b) on the option of repair.

What is wrong with the bottom module, you do not say why yopu think you need a new one? Maybe you have a #fairphoneangel near you that could help swap the module to ensure that is the problem, if it’s not obvious.

The Microphone makes weird noises. I can only be understood, if I switch to speakers mode during a phone call

Thanks for the update.

It could be the actual mic failing or the connections may be cracking up. You can remove the module and check to see if the mic is a bit wobbly.
There are some instances of repairs when it’s the poor connections etc. You may not want to try yourself but may find someone you will do a repair if that’s all it is. Replacing the mic is possible but finding a suitable one may be difficult.

The following link is to the last post in the topic, there are other posts in the topic that deal with the mic

I know, that’s why I removed the module and reassembled it: still the strange noises unfortunately.

Hi everyone, I am looking for a bottom module for the FairPhone2 too ! :slight_smile: I have exactly the same problem than you !
thanks

Hi Marie56. Welcome to the forum
I hope you have read up on the posts linked to above though I note from your profile you have only been reading the forum for 3 minutes :slight_smile:

So do you have an intermittent problem with the mic and have you dismantled the phone to check the module and see if the phone is a bit loose.

You will see from posts, linked, that repairs to microphone circuitry can be accomplished and given the lack of bottom modules this may be the only option.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.