European Fairphoners Community Trip to Amsterdam (#EFCT16) (22-28/8/16)

4th revision of my post made the goal. But I don’t understand the privacy issues. Is the fear of being trolled real already?

It’s simply a PM between many people. You can always invite other people from the forum to a PM.

This screenshot shows the people, who can see the link to doodle:

If anyone else was overlooked, please raise your voice!

2nd revision, rewrite in english…: Sorry, didn’t want to raise unnecessarily voice… I haven’t seen a post from Vinni about the Doodle which she wrote about. Then I got a look-a-like private post from Stefan, which was actually sent to a number of people. I am obviously not too much in to this forum product… The fear of spam bot stood obviously against a public posting.

Don’t worry, if you have questions or troubles with the forum platform, we are here to help! :slight_smile:

I just invited everybody who wrote about joining us.

Because of the rumours yesterday that we don’t post the link to public because only specific people “insider” would be invited, I’d like to clarify this:
We do not post the link in public because we’d like to keep the number of people doodling limited to those who really think about joining us. We could imagine that if posting the link in the forum there would be some who don’t really intend to come. The proposed doodle-date might then not suit some FPers who seriously wanted to come.

So we’ll keep it like this: Everybody who states his intentions will be invited to the group message. I hope you can understand

4 Likes

So far 11 people have participated in the doodle. To the rest: please take part soon, so we can settle on a date as soon as possible!

Side-question: How many days do you think would be appropriate? 2? 3? 5? 7?

Thursday to Sunday afternoon would be the best days for me I think although I can’t tell what my schedule will look like in the summer semester

5-7 days or so?

From what I found out, cheapest are holiday flats for 6-10 people. So we might consider taking two different places or so. The large ones are just so unique that they can raise the prices…

1 Like

I think 7 days would be best. Enough time to do Workshops, visit the FP HQs, &sightsee. Also it gives people who don’t join the trip but live nearby the chanze to meet us when it’s convenient.

Do you have classes in July/august/September?

I think 7 days ( -> 6 nights?) would be good. There would be plenty of time to also see the city. And it’s rare that such a fairly cheap living will be possible in Amsterdam

1 Like

Last lecture is in the first week of July, but I’ve got exams after that, and after the exams there will be an internship I have to take. So it’s actually not very probable that I can find more than 3-4 days that fit :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve been to Amsterdam 3 times already, so I think I wouldn’t enjoy so many days of sightseeing (I would propably still do because A’dam is a great city. Even more so if you experience it with great people (yes, that’s you guys! :smiley: )).

If we take 2 apartments we could split the groups:

• 2-3 days of workshops for all, to begin with
  • those who want to stay longer can do so.
4 Likes

I like that idea a lot!

Hello everyone! I’m new in the community and this is my first post :wink:
I have read your messages and I am also interested in having the opportunity to meet with you and the team of Fairphone. Please, send me the link to the doodle. Thank you!

4 Likes

Fairphone community trip or Fairphone congres? :wink:

Looks like this can get seriously a lot of fun! I really have no idea what my summer will look like in 2016, so you people just pick a date and I’ll make sure FP HQ is ready for you!

7 Likes

We most probably will have one by the weekend. Things look very good. Then, others can only join the trip but not change the date :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah, I was also thinking congress, but I feel it sounds too formal (and also too big, like 200 people attending). :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am with @huskers: 3 to 5 days (weekend included) would be great. More are less feasible for those who finished their studies already… The idea of a shorter core period and an extension for lucky students :wink: sounds good to me

4 Likes