European Fairphoners Community Trip to Amsterdam (#EFCT16) (22-28/8/16)

Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday

Day 4

Day 4 was workshop day at the Fairphone office. We started off with Fairphone designer James stimulating our brains with his thoughts about 3D-printed accessories for the FP2. Then Katie from the Fairphone team lead a discussion about community events and we talked about how the Austrian Fairphoners community developed, from the first steps until our recent booth. In the end we came up with some cool things that Fairphone could provide the community with to make organizing meetups and events easier.

Workshop with James (f.l.t.r.: @Irina_Spitznagel, @JohannesG, @Stefan, @Johannes, @Amber, @Stanzi, @werner_noebauer, @paulakreuzer, @Douwe, @iratxe, James)

Workshop with Katie (f.l.t.r.: @Amber, @Johannes, Katie, @paulakreuzer, @iratxe, @werner_noebauer, @JohannesG, @Douwe, @Stanzi, @Stefan, @Irina_Spitznagel )

At noon we had lunch together with the Fairphone team and there were a lot of chats going on between community members and Fairphone employees.

(f.l.t.r.: @anon70572005, @Stefan, @Stanzi (always on his phone… :relieved: ), @anon90052001, @iratxe)

After the lunch break we continued with a Meta Urban Mining Workshop (what to keep in mind when organizing one) held by @anon2751513 and finished our workshop sessions with a walk through of flashing Sailfish OS by @Johannes.

Workshop with @anon2751513 (f.l.t.r.: @Douwe, @paulakreuzer, @iratxe, @anon2751513, @Stanzi)

Workshop with @Johannes (f.l.t.r.: @Irina_Spitznagel, @Stanzi, @Stefan, @JohannesG, @werner_noebauer, @Amber, @iratxe, @paulakreuzer)

In the evening we did a #Screenings4Action of the documentary “When elephants fight” by the movement #StandWithCongo, followed by a Q&A with the director’s assistant via Skype. I really recommend you to sign their petition, so we can have a bigger impact. Here is the trailer of the documentary:

The evening ended with an arts performance in front of the Stedelijk museum, where the opening of the new exhibition featuring the FP2 took place. Since there where so many people we couldn’t actually visit the exhibition, we decided to go to a pub and have some (more) beers there…

PS.: Throughout the day we were joined by some new faces, amongst others @emma and @JohannesG.
PPS.: Thank you to @Vinni for letting me use his great photos! :slight_smile:
PPPS.: Don’t forget to vote in the photo contest! :wink: There are new pictures every day.

10 Likes

Nice report Stefan, but you forgot to tag some people on the photos. Your first “f.l.t.r.” photo description leaves one person whom I don’t recognise untagged between @werner_noebauer and @Douwe, and on the second one you forgot to tag @Irina_Spitznagel.

I’m still sorting some (work-related) issues that came up yesterday, I may be able to drop by later, but can’t make any promises, sorry!. I did upload a couple pictures to the photo topic, which should be preferable to look at compared to my face anyway :wink:.

1 Like

Sue me! It was 2:30 in the morning… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for pointing it out!

Day 3, Haarlem

Day 5, AMS

8 Likes

14 Likes

We are playing Paulkémon GO ;D

10 Likes

Day 5

Fairphone will hire all of us because we did such a good work!!!

No, just joking! :joy: We helped the support team today with writing support articles and checking out the functionality of FP1 display assemblies. Everyone at Fairphone was thankful for the few hours of additional workforce that will help the support team answering support requests faster. Also the display assemblies are needed badly for warranty repairs.

One part of the community was testing FP1 screens… (f.l.t.r.: Nicki, @borjan, @iratxe, @werner_noebauer)

…while the other part was writing support content. (f.l.t.r.: @paulakreuzer, @amber, @Irina_Spitznagel, @Douwe, @Stanzi, @Esmee, @Stefan, @Marie1)
(I’m still impressed by @Marie1 because she took the night train from Munich, spent 10 hours at the Fairphone office and left with the night train the same evening to go back to her family. :clap: That’s dedication!)

In the evening we had some getting-to-know-activities with the Fairphone team. We approached each other like old friends, although many of us met for the first time. You can really feel the positive spirit floating around the Fairphone office!

At first we thought up some controversial statements… (f.l.t.r.: Gabrielle, Laura, @paulakreuzer, @Douwe, @anon33192704, @Stefan, Mathilde, @anon90052001)

…then we had to position ourselves in the room, according to how much we agree with the statement. (f.l.t.r.: @Sietse’s magical “supportive” hand, Laura, @MaartenD, @borjan, @anon33192704, Luc, @anon12454812, @Marie1, @anon90052001, Mathilde, @paulakreuzer, @Douwe, @Stanzi, @Amber, @Irina_Spitznagel, @werner_noebauer)

After all it’s our office now (yes, we are squatters now!)… (f.l.t.r.: @werner_noebauer, @paulakreuzer, @iratxe, @Irina_Spitznagel, @Amber, @Stanzi, @Stefan)

…and not even @Douwe can convince us to give up the new community office… :wink: (f.l.t.r.: @paulakreuzer, @Douwe, @Stanzi, @amber, @stefan, @marie1, @iratxe, @Lidwien (our fellow forum moderator, who joined us for the day! :smiley: ), @Irina_Spitznagel, @werner_noebauer)

11 Likes

That’s not a real person watching you from the window in the background of the final photo, is it? :wink:
Spooky :no_mouth:

2 Likes

:smiley::laughing::sweat_smile::woman::sunflower::iphone::station::bicyclist::rowboat::ballot_box::heart:

3 Likes

#Day 6

Some photos from the boat trip @Douwe invited the apartment crew and @Irina_Spitznagel to today:

@Douwe, @paulakreuzer, @werner_noebauer and @Vinni picking up the rest of us.

@amber, @Douwe and @Irina_Spitznagel sitting in the back.

@Stefan and @Stanzi (on his phone again… :relieved: ).

@vinni and @werner_noebauer looking forward to eating the water melon.

After the hot day we could finally jump into the water…

7 Likes

#Day 7

After @Vinni and @werner_noebauer had already left we were brunching and playing Bohnanza. @Amber, @paulakreuzer, @Stanzi and I are in a bus to Düsseldorf right now, the girls will leave later. See you next year for the EFCT17! :smiley:

9 Likes

Thanks for not tagging me a single time after having taken those pictures :smirk:

Actually most of the photos I published on Day 6 were taken by @iratxe :wink:

Oh, shoot me :wink:
Very nice spending the week worth all of you. Maybe sometime the organization team can have a wrap up meeting, establishing how the planning went, how it should be done, what should be done better and what worked very well so next time we have an even better efct!
I might not be able to do this every year, but I would join every other year maybe? We’ll see

1 Like

Good to see that you guys had a good time. These pictures make me regret it even more that I’ve missed the week.

'till next time!

4 Likes

Thank you everybody for your pictures reminding me the great time in Amsterdam! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We are in the process of finding a date for the EFCT17. If you’d like to take part in the poll, post here and we’ll invite you to the PM. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’d like to be there for the whole EFCT next year!

3 Likes