Effort to make all LED colours possible

Continuing the discussion from A couple of little probably basic questions (notifications & LED colour):

Hello everybody, I’ve been able to achieve green, red and blue (using LED colour tester from the Playstore), but I didn’t manage to do other colours (which should theoretically be possible, shouldn’t it?).

Does anyone have the knowledge to hack more colours into the FP1? :smiley:

As a very un-useful reply, I might say that ‘all colours at the same time’ is indeed the definition of white :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, not at all un-useful. It made it clear to me again! :smiley: It would be a start, if we could make all colours shine at the same time, and the rest of the colour spectrum is just a stone’s throw away.

Maybe post a photo of this ‘strange white’.
It might be that there are 3 separate leds, and they lack some filter to mix the colors together (think like some translucent paper)
To go beyond red/green/blue, you would need some kind of optics to blend those component colors together.

I’ll do my best to get a picture for you people during the weekend :smiley:

1 Like

I think the first step would be to make them shine simultaneously, which currently doesn’t seem possible.

Ah, i tought from reading

“a strange white that’s like all colours at the same time.”

that they did shine simultaneously, but the eye could still see distinct components instead of white.
let’s wait for a photo to get it clearer.