/e/ OS Q (Android 10) for FP3/FP3+

What is the difference between install /e/ for Q and upgrade for Q ? Understood that all data will be deleted also for upgrade. Therefore, why upgrade instead of clean install?
I have /e/ for Android 9 installed. Shall I upgrade to 10?

1 Like

The upgrade documentation https://doc.e.foundation/q-upgrade-fp3 indeed looks identical to the install instructions.

4 Likes

I canā€™t really answer if you should do an upgrade instead of a clean install. I did a clean install on my FP3+ and so far everything seems to be working. Actually, looking at the upgrade documentation and the install documentation, the processes are identical anyway, so itā€™s basically a clean install.
The only difference is the handy link to the Howtoo for flashing on linux at the bottom

1 Like

As I will in future also install the new camera I will do the clean install for 3/3+. Thanks!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Difficulty in installing /e/ custom ROM after unlocking bootloader?

Someone in a french topic was (more or less) wondering whether it was possible to restore a google drive backup on /e/ if youā€™re signed in with a google account. Does someone have the answer?

The way I understood it: they are in the process of including seedvault as ā€œbackup transportā€ (IIRC thatā€™s the name) and I think itā€™s exclusive in the sense that only one app/service can be ā€œregisteredā€ as system backup solution. And Iā€™m quite certain that seedvault cannot restore a backup created with the standard Google Android backup.

2 Likes

Hi there. I am currently on the LOS 16.0 for FP3 because /e/ refuesed to take the easy route towards implementing exposure notifications. Now they appear to geht their act together, I expect to go back to /e/ as soon as Corona Warn is usable.

I have two questions though. First, has anyone already managed to root /e/ under Q? Have there been any difficulties? Installing Magsik created a bootloop under /e/ pie.

And the second question: in case a root is possible, has anyone have experience with creating an app backup with OAndBackupX? Would it possibly work to back up apps on LOS and restore them to /e/?

Thanks ins advance!

I know someone who tried under LOS 17.1@FP2, but it didnā€™t work. The backup didnā€™t even start, perhaps because he has ~300 apps and thatā€™s too many :man_shrugging:
Though I have no idea whether the difference of phone and OS will make any difference. Just talking about my experience.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: /e/ easy-installer hangs on Windows

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.