šŸ‡®šŸ‡¹ šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ /e/OS is the possibility to deggoglelized FP?

You can actually buy a phone from the efoundation with /e/ and then get OS support. If you buy from Fairphone and install /e/ you would have to reinstall Android 10 FOS for support.

https://esolutions.shop/shop/e-os-fairphone-3-plus-fr/

Alternatively you can buy from Fairphone and either degoogle or use Lineage OS

1 Like

These are two ways to get /e/OS onto your FP3:

5 Likes

Ok,
I already have a FP3 phone with Android 10.
But I can install /e ā€œaboveā€ android?

Or do I have to substitute Android?

firma.jpg

Itā€™s a substitution, so a clean install, which means you had better save your personal data.

Otherwise you can try the degoogle option

1 Like

so, I can install /e like an app! Good, I will try! (and let you knowā€¦)
after, I will change o.s.

No, the ā€œEasy Installerā€ is a program for your computer that provides easy instructions what you need to do to get /e/OS onto your FP3.

1 Like

As @urs_lesse was directing.

The Easy Installer is just that, a supposedly easy way to overwrite Android 10, so it is like a factory reset hence save your data as all will be wiped to install /e/ (EOS)

@anon9989719 so I have to ā€œeraseā€ all my phoneā€¦
Does someone had try it?
I would speak with himā€¦I would check how it could be difficult (I am not a so young ā€˜geek)ā€™

But I would change provider (google knows too many things of me and try to drive me too much!)

thank you

Renato

Effectively yes. When installing a different operating system the old is overwritten hence the need to save your data (images, recordings, contacts etc) maybe to an SD card that has been formatted as an external drive. Then after the change of OS you can reinstall from the SD card. You can use a computer to do the save and transfer.

As to actually using the ā€˜E Easy Installerā€™ goes I have no idea I use the default Android 10 without a Google account etc.

And what Google knows Google and Microsoft and all others know and it wonā€™t go away ~ they have the data now. What you can do is to have as little data connection as possible, but that often means being a little bit more hands on with the options mentioned in the previous posts. I canā€™t be that bothered, Iā€™ve more entertaining things to do than worry to much about what data Google is gathering.

You may like to converse with someone in Italiano.

You may find someone to help you through the degoogle option

18 posts were split to a new topic: :gb: :it: How to address Italian forum members?

Hi,

a Sailfish swims happily for like 3 years on my good old Fairphone 2. Before doing so however make sure to backup Fotos, contacts, calender, etc. (and donā€™t forget about Android keys). You can use the ADT tool for that. (I did a second file based backup back then - just to be on the safe side)

Apart from that the process shouldnā€™t be much different:

• Install Fairphone FPOS (THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA!)
  • Install TWRP (a bootloader basically that enables the so-called ā€œrecoveryā€ partition where the /e/ OS will be installed)
  • Install /e/ OS (via ADT again)

( Think it sounds more complicated than it actually is. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

sorry,
1 - what is ā€œSailfishā€?
2 - fotos, contact and calendar are all on Google, do you mean something else?
3 - whatā€™s Android keys?
4 - whatā€™s ADT? (Can you send me a link?
5 - whatā€™s FPOS?
6 - whatā€™s TWRP?
as you can see, I donā€™t know much about this operationā€¦but I would do.
Can you help me?

TIA
Renato

Mmhā€¦ the link @urs_lesse posted before should sum it up: Install /e/OS on a Fairphone FP3/3+ - ā€œFP3ā€

FYI:

1 - what is ā€œSailfishā€?

Another operating system. Donā€™t mind that ā†’ start with /e/OS

2 - fotos, contact and calendar are all on Google, do you mean something else?

Thatā€™s fine apart from the Android (license) keys, which legitimate you to use Android on your Phone. The adb backup tool should do that for you. You download and install ADT (Android Developer Tools) on your Windows(?) machine.

3 - whatā€™s Android keys?

Thatā€™s the forementioned license keys ā†’ Android wonā€™t run without them!

4 - whatā€™s ADT? (Can you send me a link?

Android Developer Tools ā†’ Installing adb and fastboot on a Linux PC

5 - whatā€™s FPOS?

Actually itā€™s FPOOS (Fairphone open OS) ā†’ now replaced by /e/OS

6 - whatā€™s TWRP?

Donā€™t mind ā†’ follow the instructions from /e/OS

2 Likes

Yes please to mind Sailfish. Its a super OS from Jolla and we need to have more people who would like to have it as base. Especially as it is TOTALLY without google. I had Sailfish on my FP2 and on my Xperia next to that I owned their mobile as well.

2 Likes

FPOS is the current Android 10 OS that FP has adapted there is no FPOOS for the FP3

/e/ is then not a replacement for FPOOS but an alternative to FPOS as is Sailfish

3 Likes

Hi Renato,
maybe it is a good idea to get in touch with a fairphone angel.
As I can see the next angels to Perugia are in Padova. Itā€™s 350km away from you, but you can contact them by email: padova@fairphone.community

More information about fairphone angels you can get here

4 Likes

Thanks for sorting this out completely! Sorry I didnā€™t mean to carry the history here in the first place!

Hereā€™s my point:
Given stock FP3 with Android 10 as a starting point ā†’ backup and install /e/OS is a good idea to start with.

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Problems with chargers

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.