Can't reinstall google apps since Fairphone update, and keyboard not working

I installed the fairphone update on Thursday evening and ever since then I have been getting the message “unfortunately, Android keyboard (AOSP) has stopped”. It means I cannot text or use a keyboard with any app.

I have tried to reinstall google apps by clicking on the “install google apps icon”. However, every time I click on this I get the message: “attention: fairphone updater is updating your operating system in the background. Please try again later”.

As I said, this has been going on since Thursday night and it is now Saturday. I have removed the battery and sim cards and put them back and it has not made any difference. How can I get my phone to work. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi there

Actually, I just found what I think is the solution here:

There might be an even easier solution as described in Fairphone update 1.8 bugs/issues + fixes collection! Please check before posting!

“Open the Fairphone updater app and close it again, now the google apps installation should run if you hit the installer”

@maryla, is your problem resolved? This way I can close the topic.

The link Maryla provides leads to a generic fairphone support forum site. I have the same problem after updating to Kola Nut on May 19th. I can update the OS and the phone also updates the Google Apps, but the keypad does not work after this, even after several installations and restarts.

Please continue the discussion here: