Can't log into apps with Google account

Hello! I have a shiny new Murena Fairphone 4 that I’m trying to set up. I logged into my Google account, but I can’t use the “Log in Google” option on any newly installed apps (ex. Pokemon Go). I can retrieve my mail using the pre-installed Mail app.

I have not tinkered with the phone at all.
I have tried force-quitting the apps, waiting, and trying again; also have restarted my phone.
I browsed the forum for similar issues but only found one (unresolved, also went very off-topic).

Do you have ‘Google Play Games’ installed?

I believe it’s the same like Orna I play… this app bridges Games to Google and is often preinstalled, on Fairphone OS maybe not

1 Like

You are located in the US so may I assume you have an Murena e/OS device which is a de-googled system?

1 Like

@VirusBurst I hadn’t installed Google Play Games-- was actually in the middle of uninstalling/reinstalling Pokemon Go. So I installed Google Play Games, and now I can’t find Pokemon Go in the App Lounge :joy:

@yvmuell Yes!

So yeah what should I say.:You have a system installed without standard Google stuff. I’m not sure this will ever work, maybe check the e/OS forum what is possible or not…

1 Like

I factory reset the phone and started over. I can see all apps in the App Lounge now, but nothing else has changed.

Is it possible to re-Google the phone, or install a Google-compatible Android OS? I admit, I’m not particularly tech-savvy; I just wanted to be able to repair my phone easily.

I’m currently looking at installing Android 12 via the bootloader. I didn’t see anything about installing Google’d OS here on the forums, though.

Ok no, thats not the way :wink:

You can use this

https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/4433978210833-Fairphone-4-OS-manual-installation-with-Windows
Or install Lineage plus Gapps

however please be super careful to not brick your phone!!!

And be prepared its not working properly for calls etc, better have look here

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.