Camera and top module not working

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately my cameras are not working anymore: I went through all the possible procedures indicated by the company and I wasn’t lucky.

Does anyone have a spare camera and top module to give away or sell?

Requested shipping to Italy.

Thanks,

Giuseppe

NB: To be able to send a direct message to the user, you will need to reach trust level 1 by entering/opening at least 5 topics, reading at least 30 posts and spending a total of 10 minutes reading posts.
Be aware, that cross-border shipment of batteries outside a phone is virtually impossible for individuals.

Hi and welcome to the forum

I wonder what procedures you carried out. You say camera and top module > you mean the ‘selfie’|front camera that is built into the top module?

You may be contacted by or you can contact a #fairphoneangel that may be able to

All the best

Hi,
basically front facing and rear facing cameras are not working (these include two modules in total).
I tried a hard reset, also to change the camera app and so on.

If there’s no Fairphone Angel nearby who can help, you might want to have a look at this:

Please bear in mind that the modules offered there are probably exclusively the first generation of FP3 camera and top modules, i.e. those with 12 MP respectively 8 MP sensors.

4 Likes

It seems starnge that both cameras will fail at ‘the same time’

A few things to try

• Try starting in safe mode.
  • Ensure you do not have an SD card formatted to expand internal memory.
  • Clear the cache on the Camera app Settings > Apps and notifications > SEE ALL ##APPS > Camera > Storage and cache.
  • Test via inbuilt Service tests
    Dial *#*#66#*#* > Servcie tests > Test Single > Main Camera etc.
1 Like

All of the above gave no luck.
The test via inbuilt Service test gave me error in recognizing my camera, but no option to solve this issue.
I wonder if changing my camera will somehow help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.