Bug: Android 10 FP3 - Unknown Caller

Wilkommen im Community Forum!
Bitte das erste Post lesen, da gibt’s eine Lösung.

Since the last update, the contact details are no longer displayed for incoming calls. All callers come in as unknown. I can’t see who is calling and I can’t call back if I missed a call.
When I try to report the problem to the support page, my IMEI1 number is not accepted.

I moved your post here to avoid duplicates. Please read the first post to find the workaround.

@Ingi have you tried disabling 4g LTE and wifi calling? This is our current workaround until Fairphone fix

3 Likes

Vielen, vielen Dank!
Hat problemlos funktioniert.

2 Likes

The new update 3.A.0045, has fixed the unknown call issue, for me.

EDIT: NO, I do still have the unknown call issue.:face_with_head_bandage:

5 Likes

The new update 3.A.0045, has fixed the unknown call issue, for me.

I cannot confirm that on my side unfortunately.

I think it may be network specific. Best to report to fairphone if you haven’t already, and let them know the network your SIM(s) are on.

Hi there, indepently from who is calling, there is no name no number displayed in the incoming calls… Tried all the authorization settings…

Please help

Welcome to the community forum!
I moved your post here, you can find a workaround in the first post.

Habe das gleiche Problem, Anrufe werden als unbekannt angezeigt

Even with new update 3A.0045 the phone numbers are NOT shown. Need to use the workaround “disable enhanced 4g lte”

BR, Toni

The same issue here, but unfortunately the sim which is affected does not have the option tot disable “enhanced 4G LTE” and I am not calling via wifi. Does anybody have another workaround?

The other sim which had “enhanced 4G LTE” enabled is not affected. Different provider though.

when I am disabling the enhanced 4G lTE mode I can NOT receive any call anymore…
when enabling it “unknown caller” - obviousely for me this workaround doesn’t for all FP3 ?

I’m using two different networks in Austria (drei and yesss) - but still this problem exist after 3A.0045 update…
:woozy_face:

A post was merged into an existing topic: FP3 - Upgrade Android 10 - Unusable phone

Suddenly my phone doesn’t recognise the numbers of the people who call me???
This week I installed the software update and system update.
Help!

Welcome to the community forum!
I moved your post here to avoid duplicate topics. Please read the solution given in the first post.

Edit: Typo

1 Like

What if your phone doesn’t have WiFi Call? It is not a possibility on my Fairphone… Strange…

You may be calling over 4G in that case (VoLTE), which was also mentioned in Chris’ post:

2 Likes