Battery drain from proximity sensor still not solved!

I was following this topic: https://forum.fairphone.com/t/use-of-proximity-sensor-drains-the-battery/22155/4 for the last months because I had (and still have) this problem - battery draining fast, with the stats showing mainly (up to 60%) “miscellaneous/Sonstiges”. I had tried the method explained in this thread (flashing old modem files), but unfortunately it didn’t work. Now I wanted to give it another try, but when I want to access the thread above it tells me “Sorry, you don’t have access to that topic!”. What’s that about? Any other solution found? Can’t find anything searching the forum.

1 Like

The #software:bug-reports category was hidden in favor of the #bugtracker. Please report the bug there if it hasn’t yet been reported.

Hi Paula,

actually I had answered to your post (per mail) but apparently my answer did not get through here. This was my answer:

“I can’t find anything in the bugtracker…and in the old thread there was a solution that apparently has worked for some users. Any way to recover this post in order to be able to try to solve the problem? It could then even be pasted into the bugtracker if you want.”

Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah that seems to happen sometimes lately. A forum-admin is looking into it.

Then feel free to create a new report.

I have access to the old thread and can’t find any solution there. The only thing that seems to work is to uninstall apps that use the proximity sensor.

Thanks!

Okay cool, I will!

Someone suggested to install old modem files and explained a rather difficult way how to do it. I followed it the entire way, but for some reason it didn’t work for me. That’s why I wanted to go through it again now.

Oh yeah now I found it:

But :warning: be aware :warning:: Using old modem files leaves your phone vulnerable to some security issues that have been fixed since.

In case you have not checked out the latest modem firmware version 17.11.2, yet, you can catch up and get it here:

I believe @Kahanamoku uses FP(O)OS which automatically comes with the latest modem firmware.

I’m on the latest FPOOS, so I assume everything is up-to-date. Where do I see which modem file is installed?

I searched through the Fairphone support pages, and I have not found an article how to find out the version of the modem firmware installed, sorry.

I can’t find anything there…and in the old thread there was a solution
that apparently has worked for some users. Any way to recover this post
in order to be able to try to solve the problem? It could then even be
pasted into the bugtracker if you want.

I think, it is this one:

https://bugtracker.fairphone.com/project/fairphone-fairphone-os-android-6/issue/88

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.