Battery doesnt charge, weird stuff

Hey, I think I have the same problem with my phone. Were you able to fix it?

@Leila, i called support this morning, they told me it’s probably a broken battery and bottom module. told me to e-mail them, and they’ll probably send me those parts. waiting for the e-mail response now, they told me on the phone it should take like 24 hours… (and not six to eight weeks like last time i e-mailed them :slight_smile: )

I had a similar problem and it turned out that the battery connection was loose. Inserting a small piece of paper behind the battery solved it for me.

i’ll try, but then my friends battery wouldn’t solve it, right?

nope, that didn’t work. :frowning:

Hi there,
i have exactly the same problem with my phone as you jochem. I wrote to the support for a few minutes and now i will wait for the answer.

that sucks for you, but i’m glad i’m not the only one. couldn’t find anyone else on the forum, i think :S
@paulakreuzer you seem to read most of the topics, right? is this a common problem?

Yes, in fact this topic:

Is on the commonissues list. I’d advise everybody to read the first post and continue the discussion there and keep this thread here to @jochem’s specific issue (or specific version of the same issue).

I’ll close this thread once @jochem’s problem is solved, which I guess at this point can only be done by replacement.

I have had exactly the same problem several times if the phone is left on until the battery goes flat (sometimes it will do this almost without warning, going from 11% charge to flat in a few minutes).
The only solution I found was to use an external charger to charge the battery. There are many on ebay although since the FP battery uses 3.8v instead of the usual 3.6v or 3.7v it’s worth getting one that specifically states it will charge 3.8v batteries.

I’ve thought I had this problem twice now, but in each case it snapped out of it. Guess I’m lucky.

Can I just offer a little advice about running your business from your 'phone? You need to back it up. Almost anything can happen to a mobile, and given time probably will. Even if you just drop it or someone spills tea on it you can find your business frakked, frelled, and generally farged. By all means use your 'phone for business, but don’t rely on it exclusively. Back it up to a computer then back the computer up to a remote drive.

The chip is an amazing little device, but if we all relied upon them to run the world, we’d be screwed.

1 Like

I have the same problem. I am french and i would like to now how to find the support number to call them

Support: call us: Monday to Friday 9:30 - 17:30 at +31 (0)20-788 4400.
Go to Fairphone.com, choose the tab Phone, then choose Support and at the bottom of the page you will find the phone number.

ok thanks. but is there a french number ?

No you have to call to the Netherlands, but they can speak French if necessary.

i am good with english it was more about the money to call… too expensive to call there. is there any other solution?

Did you read my Fairphone is broken, can you repair it. At the bottom you have the option to send your question to them.

Look at the tariff of your phone provider if it is really expensive to call from France to a landline phone number in the Netherlands. Maybe it costs only a few cents per minute (in our landline tariff in Germany, it costs only 2.9 cents per minute).

Hi,

I’ve the exact same problem and am a bit in a hurry too. As I’ve don’t get any answer from the support from now (my message was sent yesterday), I’m looking for an intermediary solution.

What model of an external charger do you use @rod ? I’ve searched for one on amazon and some other market place but found nothing. All I can get with « external battery charger » are external battery :frowning:

Thank you for your help.

A post was merged into an existing topic: FP2 Won’t turn on or charge - See first post for troubleshooting