Back cover colors for FP2 owners now available

Well of course you still have to decide, but… I am following the Fairphone project for quite some time now and the idea that this phone is design to length long is what convinced me at the end. I am hoping to be able to keep this phone for at least 4 -5 years (yes, some can say I am an optimistic).
I am thinking that, some time in the way, I might get bored by the color of my cover. Knowing that if I get bored I can change, might be a bit shallow but it is reassuring… :smirk:
Plus if at some point my cover get damaged I would already have a replacement one.

1 Like

Today I got an e-mail in response to my question through the help desk:

its color stay proved. But it might get dirty a little.
So in use it might not stay 100%…

Therefore I am still a little bit unsure, if I really should choose the transparent one.

Translucent blue all the way, guys. Much as I like the look of the transparent case (and its potential artistic outlets), I feel personally that it would be a little bit of an attention-grabber in public. Granted, this isn’t a bad thing per se, but as an example, for the last 9 months my use of an alternative water-bottle with a charcoal filter has made that bottle a conversation piece, which eventually got annoying in my having to explain it over and over.

The slightly less see-through aspect of the translucent cover, however, is a little more mysterious; people might ask about it, or they might leave well enough alone. Also, blue is my favourite colour, sooo.

5 Likes

Yes, you will have the ability to order extra covers in the future. We’ll come with news on this soon! So don’t worry about your color of choice :innocent:

7 Likes

Why not? Before I had the FP1 I had a Palm TX (and a separate mobile phone) and that lasted for more than 5 years (and still lasts actually) - and during that time so many other palm users bought new palm models and later iphone etc. every (other) year…
Good luck!
I am also optimistic with my FP1 for a loooong lasting time.

[quote=“nicka, post:52, topic:10162”]
I chose transparent : especially after someone previously suggested a home screen that’s a photo of the front with the screen removed :sunny:
[/quote] …Lightbulb… what an awsome idea

2 Likes

I’m glad ya’ll like my idea! :blush:

@anon90052001 could we have a uhq photo of a FP2’s front with the screen removed?

2 Likes

Is uhq un-high quality? :slight_smile: We can take one in the office. But you know with the screen off, the battery doesn’t really fit in its space and it doesn’t fit in the case so it’s a bit of a Terminator circuit board.

2 Likes

I was thinking of ultra high quality. :smiley:
Well maybe I should just take pictures of the individual parts and photoshop them into a wallpaper.

I would be more interested in uhq images of all the different back cover colors…before ending of choosing period… Maybe also in someone’s hands and from different angles…?
Or did miss some links to this?

2 Likes

I’d also be interested in uhq pictures of back covers!

1 Like

I don’t understand. Back in early September we were told that back covers with white trim got shortlisted and were definitely going into production. Now there is no sight of this in the shop: all colour cases have black trim. Explaination?..

I don’t remember this. Can you quote a source?

1 Like

FP have explained why they haven’t gone with the white rims. It’s to do with the longevity of the white colour. While it doesn’t sound like they have done an accelerated life test, the feeling was that the white would become dirty and marked and not conducive to a long life

2 Likes

Does anybody know if it will be possible to change the colored back covers after the phone is delivered?

How do you mean that? Of course you can take one cover off and put a different one on the phone. All you have to do is to buy another cover with the color of your choice. As far as I understood, we will be able to order back covers through the Shop

Thats what I meant. I just didn’t know if the covers will be replaceable. Thx for your answer.

All right :slight_smile: Wouldn’t it be weird to build a modular phone with a non-replacable back cover?

4 Likes

Wow, on these pictures, the case rim looks very deformed ! :grimacing: :smile:
We know the case - particularly the rim - is flexible but this is deformed after intensive use :neutral_face:
@anon48893843, do you confirm the rim gets deformed only after “hundreds” of taking off / putting back the cover, stretching the rim? :smile: (this is a presentation FP2 which is tortured every day since summer right!?:smile:)
When the cover is on the phone, does the rim (at borders of the screen) move ?
Thanks! :smile:

1 Like

Which would make it an early prototype. Final versions last hopefully a bit longer, although I’m not planning on letting lots of strangers taking my phone apart on a daily basis :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes