"As a tech leader, please check yourself."

On your suggestion to ‘just leave’, i wanted to add my perspective.

We are all here because we support Fairphone’s mission. To criticise the way Fairphone is managed as a company should be acceptable; these are people that probably work there less than the average lifetime of a Fairphone. There have been 4 CEOs since Bas the founder left in 2018. We are going to be here much longer than our current ‘tech leader’.

I consider myself a typical committed Fairphone fan, I invested in the first crowdfunding round in 2018, and again in 2023, and I have been using an FP4 since 2023, happily until last Nov and the A15 fiasco. All i ask is to ‘FIX MY FRICKIN PHONE’ (FP4.QREL.15.15.2).

We are Fairphone, and we demand better.

Every decision at FP should be guided by the question of whether it is going to enable customers to keep using their devices longer. If the management decides to roll out bells&whistles, that brick numerous phones around the world, that goes against the Fairphone mission. So my humble opinion is that it is their time to ‘just leave’.

I wanted to reply to you 2 weeks ago but this topic got closed/unlisted, and so i posted it elsewhere where it also got unlisted in less than 24 hours, with a personal message from a moderator to stop ‘disrespectul and destructive off-topic rants’. I hope i don’t hit any nerve with the above :innocent: