Android KitKat (4.4.4) for FP1

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f05d99f3400> #<Tag:0x00007f05d99f3270>

GPS doesn’t work here. SatStat shows 0/0 satellites and TTFF (s) 0. It doesn’t even seem to be searching for satellites… :confused: I use Unified NLP and network location is fine.

Before the upgrade GPS was working fine (I was able to use it a week before upgrading). How can I find the issue?

Edit: GPS works fine. It just takes ages for the fix, as usual.

Got a bit silent in here…

@z3ntu: Are you still developing? No grouching, just asking!

I did some testing and ran into a problem getting tor to work (orbot app). Neither the recent version nor the older (15) build will connect properly, worked seamless on stock.
Probably me stupid, but might point to some problem.

Furthermore I also tested GPS (with Osmand) and found it working alright. It took less than 15 min to first fix.

1 Like

I should do a 0.0.3 version sometime soon… I’ve actually started working on a tool last month to backport the national roaming configs (as mentioned at Android KitKat (4.4.4) for FP1): https://github.com/z3ntu/national-roaming-translator , but it still needs some work.


Thanks @z3ntu for ROM 4.4.4, it’s wonderful to have the Fairphone updated! :slight_smile:

Thanks @urs_lesse for the tutorial :slight_smile:

Version 0.0.2 works perfect for me.

I had problems with version 0.0.3-pre5 when playing mp3 (with Pulsar, Vanilla, and other sound APPs), and when making Signal voice calls, the APP crashes. But version 0.0.2 works perfect.

In case it helps someone, I could not do tethering and I solved it by installing an APK I found in this forum: https://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=1005116 (It needs BusyBox installed)

I have also noticed that the remaining battery life indicator gets stuck and gives problems when I turn on the FP1 after being off for a long time (with both 0.0.2 and 0.0.3-pre5). The solution is that the FP1 is always on (turn it off a short time or never turn it off)

Thank you again.


Although version 0.0.2 works fine for me (good to see such a recent security patch on my old FP1!) I would like to know if work on a next version/security-updates continues.

1 Like

It would be nice if you could test the 0.0.3 pre-release version, as the media security patches contained there are planned to be released as part of 0.0.3.

1 Like

Could you send me the mp3 which doesn’t work? From my limited testing I didn’t find any problems.
Could you give me the logcat output when these crashes happen? Thanks.

Can I update from 0.0.2 to 0.0.3 pre-release without loosing userdate?
Anyway: any testing I can do will only be limited; the FP1 is now my secondary phone with only a few apps installed.

Yes, you can update from 0.0.2 to 0.0.3 pre-release without loosing userdate (but you will have to reinstall Open GApps if you want Google Play Store and Google Play Services)

1 Like

Ok… I have reinstalled version 0.0.3-pre5 of the ROM for testing

The error is easy to reproduce when switching from one playing song to another in VANILLA APP. It does not always happen, but many times (It doesn’t happen only with a specific mp3, but with anyone, randomly).

Errors playing mp3 never occur with version 0.0.2 of the ROM.

Signal APP crashes or makes errors when making the second voice call, the first call works OK.

I have sent you a private message with the logcat (filtering errors)

1 Like

Done: no issues discovered (with the limited number of applications I use).
Keep up the good work!