English

Android KitKat (4.4.4) for FP1

osupdates
kitkat
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fefbda61580> #<Tag:0x00007fefbda613c8>

Fixed.
The culprit was the setting ‘show notifications on lock screen’.
After disabling this setting battery usage was back to normal.

You need to flash gapps, checkout the third bullet point in “INSTALLTION”:

I’m using this rom now since 2 weeks and so far i’m quite happy. I found two things:

• I’m constantly getting roaming notifications even if the sim shouldn’t be in roaming mode. Not sure if this is a bug or a weird sim/phone combo
  • The screen of my fairphone is a bit broken and probably also the proxamity sensor. If i’m playing voice messages in whatsapp the screen turns off and on and stops the playing which is quite annoying. Same for calling a person, but there it doesn’t stop the call automatically :smiley: Is there any way to just disable that? Didn’t find anything in the settings and also changing permissions of /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware…proximity didn’t work as it’s a read only filesystem/mount. Maybe i could remount it, not sure?

For that I would probably have to “backport” the national roaming configs from newer Android versions to my build - so https://github.com/LineageOS/android_packages_apps_CarrierConfig/blob/lineage-16.0/assets/carrier_config_23203.xml becomes https://github.com/LineageOS/android_frameworks_base/blob/cm-11.0/core/res/res/values-mcc232-mnc03/config.xml for example.

Can’t help you with the other question though (but thinking about it, I believe that the proximity sensor on my unit is also broken)

The proximity sensor is a delicate component (or a dumb camera), and requires a clean window, outside and inside.
Usually, keeping the phone in the pocket gather some dust between the proximity sensor and its window.
Opening the unit up and removing the dust should tame your sensors.

I have found repeatedly now that the CWM recovery does not properly wipe. A factory reset via CWM failed to delete user data today on at least the third FP1 I tried it on. I was only able to succeed in wiping the FP1 after I had downgraded to 4.2.2 and the old recovery was back and allowed me to do the wipe.