Android 13 delayed for FP3(+) owners on KPN and SFR

Beveiligingsupdate datum: 5 augustus 2023, versie nr. 2.6.1
Bij back up en update geeft hij aan dat er nu geen updates meer zijn.
Security update : 5th august 2023, version 2.6.1
Phone reports that there are no updates available now

I have the same message and same problem on a (unlocked) FP3+. I am on Lebara (KPN network). Maybe there is a delay or problem with the network and not only with the fingerprint sensor? If there is a wider problem, users of Youfone and Simyo have the same issue with this upgrade?

Hi,
Do we have some news about the Android 13 update for KPN Netherlands or SFR France ?

1 Like

Unfortunately no news about the Android update for KPN users. Contacted the Fairphone Support Team more than a week ago by email but did not get any answer or response.

1 Like

Got the following response from the Fairphone Support Team a couple of days ago: "

Before an update is released, both Fairphone and partners perform a wide variety of tests to ensure the software meets our expectations and quality standards. Sometimes, especially when testing Android upgrades (e.g. Android 11 → 13), we discover an issue, which is not easy to solve. In those cases, Fairphone may make the decision to not release a specific software to a portion of customers, because that software can negatively impact the usability of the device, one way or another. This is what happened in this case, and it concerns customers of KPN Netherlands, as well as SFR France. We are not able to say when Android 13 will be available to customers of these providers. We are working hard to deliver it as soon as possible. In the meantime, we will continue to actively support Android 11 and a security patch update is already in the works."

(So for now no Android 13 for KPN Netherlands or SFR France )

1 Like

I got update 6.A.022.1 last night and I installed it this morning. Looks like I have Android 13 now and no issues so far. I’m on KPN Netherlands network.

3 Likes

Updated my FP3 too, without problems so far. KPN-network.

1 Like

No update for me with SFR France.
I still have Android 11.

1 Like

Updated my FP3+ on Lebara (KPN network) to Android 13. All seems to be fine.

On RedBySFR, still waiting for the update as of today.

It’s a bit unfortunate that we don’t get updated information from Fairphone. Don’t get me wrong, I know it may be a lot of work for developers trying to solve these issues.

I just hope we won’t have to wait for something like a few more months or worse that the update will never be deployed for SFR. In this case I might as well change my carrier right now.

Since thé software is released for all the other carriers, why don’t you ask SFR what is wrong ? After all, they are the people blocking the proposed upgrade.

Well we don’t know for a fact that their approval is what is blocking the whole thing.

It may also be continuing work by Fairphone to try and fix potential software issues associated with this carrier.

Hello:

Until now I had a primary SIM card on SFR network and a secondary that I didn’t use for data that was on Free Mobile network.
I recently changed my secondary to SFR network (with the aim to use some of the data plan on it) and I’ll move my primary to Orange network (with the aim to sometime use data on it).
If I understand well, I’ll be invited to upgrade to Android 13 as soon as I will turn on the data on the primary SIM card (= Orange).
Is it dangerous to approve this upgrade, considering that I’ll use mostly the SFR SIM card for data?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

To SFR customers:

I have reached out to Fairphone support and they fixed an issue that was apparently blocking the upgrade to be rolled out for SFR.

I have checked for updates and I am now finally able to do it!

Cheers

5 Likes

Yes! I confirm it’s available now, going through the upgrade right at this moment.

2 Likes

Updates (a second minor one right after the initial major version change) took place smoothly, thanks Fairphone.

After releasing Android 13 for/on the KPN network in the Netherlands, there seems to be no more security updates for it. The latest available security patch level for the FP 3/3+ is 5th April 2024 and was released on 29th April 2024 but the latest security patch level available for KPN users is 5th december 2023. Not good at all.

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem. I did not get any more updates since December 5 (6.A.023.1 on FP3/Android 13, KPN NL). No idea why.

I’m also on KPN-NL and my FP3+ is stuck on build 6.A.023.1 as well.
I reported this issue to Fairphone Support 5 days ago and haven’t had a reply yet.
I will report back when I know more.

2 Likes

As far as I understand it is up to KPN who needs to push the new update. I have the same problem. (Simyo = KPN-brand)