Android 12 has come to the FP4

For me it’s missing even in Quickstep.

I’d like to get the same communication from Orange F…

I do have it in Quickstep, I did a factory reset after the A12 update. But I think it was there before the reset as well.

1 Like

Strange I dont know what “at a glance is” so maybe I neither have this🤔, it just look like before and now without a search bar I never used

I use Discreet Launcher

Smooth update to Android 12 (France, Free).

Mine too. It just says “Initialising …”. Waste of screen estate.

Other update side effects: Lost all Web bookmarks and other shortcuts (contacts for example) from the home screen. Very annoying. Similar to

[Edit] Screenshot button has disappeared.

After a reboot (actually a shutdown and fresh start) the Gg search bar is now active (with the engine of my choice).

It should show my lockscreen wallpaper still but with the pin numbers overlayed, now it just shows a white wallpaper instead when I enter the pin.

1 Like

OK so I understood correctly and can confirm its the same on my FP3 running Iode OS Android 12, so maybe not a FP thing…

Yeah I think you are right, guess I have to accept that then.

I use Nova launcher, too and the screenshot icon is there.

Maybe you could use Nova and create a new gesture starting the screenshot, although I am not sure which would be the correct activity

Same here, I have the DDG search bar when I reboot and after a while at a glance widget replaces it. But the glance widget is defective, shortcuts don’t work for e.g. calendar events, no weather.

3 Likes

Mine has already been defective (or, let’s just say “eccentric”…) on A11: It never showed anything from my calendar (yes, checked settings), and weather shows sometimes, but the next time I unlock the phone it has disappeared again, for no obvious reason. The only thing consistently showing is the date, which is quite useless. A pity you can’t remove that useless widget altogether.

I don’t have A12 yes, so that’s just extra-wild guesses, but somebody said the search bar is on top now? Where the Glance widget used to be? Maybe now the Glance widget and the search bar fight for that real estate, and you get to see the winner till the next round?

5 Likes

Yes, it seems like that’s the case. And I doubt that this behavior is intentional. Additionally, if I manually add the At a Glance widget on another screen, it works just fine (including weather, events, etc.) It’s just this non-removable one that is buggy.

Overview Bugs in Android 12:

• Google “At a Glance” Widget
    – Shows After Reboot the Google Searchbar
    – After a while the glance widget is without Weather and calender function Uppercase Post
    – Install an other launcher or deactivate the Google App

• Bluetooth Audio Bug with Qualcomm HD Audio aptx
    – FP Employee acceptet the Bug Yasen_Tomov Post
    – Workaround, disable the HD Audio Aptx function under the BT headphone settings
    – Fix comes :slight_smile:

• Quickstep Launcher Bugs
    – Wrong colour and bad contrast in the App Drawer Spongebob Post
    – Workaround, install an other launcher at the moment

• Status Bar
    – Missing alarm clock icon
    – Missing ring sound mode icon (vibration, silent) SantE Post

Missing Features in Android 12:

• One hand mode
  • “Material You” colour function
    – Support for Material You is in Work :slight_smile: Yasen_Tomov Post
    – For Information, its not a AOSP 12 Feature!
  • No scrolling screenshot function
    – Only with supportet Apps like Ecosia yvmuell Post , Chrome Razem Post and Discord Peti Post (?)

Last Edit: 08.02.2023

18 Likes

I haven’t received the Android 12 update yet even though I am in the Netherlands (with KPN), I thought only France and Switzerland were delayed? Is there a delay for me as well?

Have you manually searched for updates?

The A12 update still didn’t come up to my phone (even with manual search), however, i recieved the security patch of Jan 5 just a few minutes ago.
Anybody else? Does it mean i’m part of the people that won’t get A12 soon?

(Belgium with Orange)

I’ve tried connecting to an already saved hidden network and it worked.

My issues started after the factory reset I did. Before that it was working fine as well. If you feel adventurous, you may try to add the network again after removing it.

Same here with Orange F, Jan 5 security patch.

2 Likes