After 3 years - still problems with headphone jack, and telephone volume

Hello,

after three years I am quite happy with my fairphone 2.

But I love to listen to music via headphones in the streets and that is still not possible with the fairphone 2. I have the well known problem of loose contacts and most of the time just one side of the headphones working. I replaced the Top Modul three times, the problem came allways back after a month.
A smaller but also annoying problem is that it is not possible to change the volume in phonecalls when the phone speaker is used.

I would like to ask why there is no change in this issus the last three years? Or am I wrong and there are solutions available, (like a new designed top modul)?

Greetings
Manuel

2 Likes

I’d love to know the answer to this question too. I use headphones to make calls to reduce the radiation around the head area.

2 Likes

I replaced my top module one day ago, but it doesn’t work fine with normal headphones nor cables already. The smallest interruption and then there is no sound anymore.
Just with the Bluetooth Headset from my brothers, it seems to work.
I don’t want to buy a new one because it’s probably not working either.
Those few working headphones, from the list, are either tremendously expansive or not Over-Ear or without Jack.
I am still a little peeved about it’s not working, but I love the Fairphone 2 and the Idea of it.
Hope there is a solution in time. :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.