5g Network not working with Telekom Germany after A.127 update

Got the Update just now - in the cell i am actually in this works. 5G Connection, stable without continuous reconnection attempts.
This seems to run smoothly, at least at the moment. If it stays this way: thank you.
But rethink customer communication please.

2 Likes

To document the version of the update

1 Like

@FrancescoSalvatore is the update block for Telekom removed? Was only able to download the update after using a Vodafone SIM card

no update available for me. Telekom. Checked yesterday and today.

Maybe a congstar user ironically the other operators in the Deutsche Telekom network are not blocked for updates. I will try a vodafone sim later, lucky for me that i have one sim of all 3 big Operators (vodafone, o2 and telekom).
Edit: I installed the Update with a Vodafone SIM now. I will test the problematic band combination and give a reply if it works again.

I have a Telekom eSIM and a Vodafone SIM.

Checking two times for the update → no update found (click two times on “Auf Updates überprüfen”).

Disabling Telekom eSIM, going immediately to “Einstellungen → Sicherheit → Sicherheitsupdate”, no update found. One click on the button “Auf Updates überprüfen” → update found.

Installed without any problems.

I confirm that the update is available without restrictions, so there might have been a glitch.
It should be available to everybody.

Yes, I can confirm that it is working for me with my Telekom eSim. Maybe it takes a while - because my FP5 did not find the update before 9:30 AM CET.

Cheers
Nick

1 Like

Finally after 1 month and 3 weeks the problem is fixed. The Band Combination B3/n1 in the Deutsche Telekom Network is working again. Thank you @FrancescoSalvatore and your team for fixing this. I really hope that this will never happen again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can now also confirm that the update installed correctly and that 5G is fully functional when using both my Telekom eSIM and my Telekom data SIM cards.

Thanks from me, too, to @FrancescoSalvatore and the rest of the team for fixing the glitch.

1 Like

After the update with the supposed 5G fix, 5G still doesn’t work for me. The Fairphone switches back and forth between LTE, LTE+ and 5G every second, even though all bands have full signal strength. It’s been a disaster for three months and my frustration limit has been reached.
If the problem still exists in a month, I will return it and ask for my money back.
I have never experienced such poverty before, from any manufacturer, and I will never trust or buy Fairphone again.

you first write about your problem in 17.12.2023… in what country/universe is in 7.2.2024 three months latters ? :wink:

You can use LTE, or LTE is not avaiable on your place’s?
BTW: My previous phone Motorola Moto G Pro 2020… NFC stop working after 1y after OTA, in Lenovo forum thread be hundreds, maybe thousands post’s… after 2years not any sollution and phone in EOL…

1 Like

Did you restart your Phone? After the necessary update restart i must restart it again then all works fine. At my home there are some places where the phone changes rapid between LTE+ and 5G. But that’s normal other phone models do the same, and the mobile network is usable as normal. I test many Band combination at my way to work all of them work fine (as example B3/n1, B3/n28, B3/n78, B8/n1, B20/n1, B20/n28, B20/n78)

3 Likes

I just came across this thread by chance. And I am extremely amazed at the childish statements some participants here make.

Please try to get a reasonable statement from another manufacturer - you will probably get a meaningless statement or they’ll give a sh.t to your opinion.

Many thanks to the team for making a real effort to resolve the issue with both the chipset manufacturer and the phone provider - sitting in the middle and pointing out the problem is no easy task.

Constantly implementing new technologies always creates new challenges - if we still only had 3G, you would all be crying again - it’s too slow, etc.

At least be decent and say thank you, not only for the solution, but also for the effort of the Fairphone team. And if the grumblers still want to show human greatness, an apology to the team wouldn’t be a bad idea.

5 Likes

I think I was fair with the comments. The team did a good job of fixing the bug and I’m grateful for that. I was primarily concerned with the poor support and communication.

Unfortunately, this was not my first fault with the FP5. Most recently, the original case totally scratched my FP5. That was the end of the Fairphone journey for me. I hope the Fairphone journey continues. For my part, I had a nice trip but have to agree with my Techi colleagues ion our company that the phone eco system is not mature enough for me.

Ok, and how can I get a fix for this problem on e/os ?

2 posts were split to a new topic: 5G Network issues Norway

Does anyone still have problems with 5G in the Telekom network despite the supposed fix update this year?

My phone still jumps from 5G to LTE every second and sometimes loses the network until it restarts, even if all bands have full signal or I’m only a few meters away from a Telekom mast.

It’s so frustrating and I now hate Fairphone.

I’m going to switch back to Apple at the end of the year because they have their products under control and aren’t overwhelmed when they make a mistake.

The Fairphone hardware is pretty good, but the firmware and how errors are communicated have made me lose faith in Fairphone.

Hello Matze1912,

nobody will blaim you if you switch back to Apple but please don’t tell us it would be only the failure of Fairphone. You can still try to fix the FP5. My device is working like a charm after the update.

The communication was good and yes - it took quite a while to get a solution - but at the end it was successful. If you still have issue with your device you can always get in touch with Fairphone again.

Cheers Nick

1 Like