Will the "old cases" still be available in the future?

Hello,
I just read the latest blog post about the new FP2 covers e.g. in red and white and I think they look great, but I will they replace the “old covers”? I love my black-transparent cover and if it breaks, I want to be able to buy another one. Moreover, I think many peolpe want a black phone and the new cases aren’t available in black. So PLEASE DON’T REMOVE THE OLD CASES FROM THE SHOP!!!

3 Likes

Currently it seems the old covers are available in black matte and transparent, but not in blue matte or black/blue translucent.

1 Like

So, since a few weeks you can preorder the slim-cased Fairphone 2 or the “normal-cased” version of it in black and transparent.
But will black-transparent, blue-transparent and blue-matte (which is now a bit unessecary due to the blue matte slim cover) be available again in the future? @Douwe do you know something about that?
I think it would be great to sell them again because many people have e.g. the blue/black-translucent covers (as can be seen here)and might want them again if they break :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @Stanzi,

In the future we’ll only sell the transparent and the black matte cover as the ‘original’ covers. All the other colors are already phased out.

Best,
Douwe

5 Likes

What a pity, the blue translucent cover was (and is) my absolute favorite…
:cry:

3 Likes

@Douwe can you save me one black translucent case which I can pick up at the next EFCT? :wink:

As I understand douwe’s post the translucent covers will still be sold.

I am very sure that was a typo. Douwe certainly meant “transparent”, not “translucent”.

4 Likes

Correct! Typo has been removed :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Douwe why have the covers been phased out? Are they of worse quality than the others perhaps?

1 Like

“This is a community forum, if you want that the Fairphone staff hears this, send them a support request.” :grin: @Stanzi you should know that! :wink:

1 Like

I opened a support request this morning as my cover has split badly near the USB port. Support already answered it (quick!) and offered me a choice between transparent, blue matte and black matte. So blue matte is still in stock, and soon I’ll be having one of those.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.