Why do my Bluetooth headphones (JBL Tune110BT) not work with Fairphone 3?

My bluetooth headphones don’t work with the new Fairphone 3. I get a connection, but I don’t hear any sound. Has anyone an idea, why this could be the case? Can I fix it or do I really need to buy need head-phones after buying the Fairphone 3?

There is another discussion, where people recommend their head-phones, which work, see link below. But how do I know if they work before buying them? I bought the headphones 6 months ago … :frowning: It’s a petty if I couldn’t use them anymore. I thank you in advance, if there is any idea!

Empfehlung Bluetooth in-ear-Kopfhörer für fairphone3+

Is that with all kinds of audio? Phone calls, playing MP3s, using Spotify or Netflix, sound in the browser, etc.? Does audio still work with the internal speakers when you disconnect the headphones?

There is a bug that affects some people on Android 10 which can temporarily fixed by a reboot. So, does a reboot help?

2 Likes

Hi Ingo,

Thank you for your reply!

Works:

I can do phone calls with the headphones. Via the normal telephone, but also via Signal and Telegram.

Does not work:

Sound cannot be transfered from Spotify, Youtube, mp3s (VLC player), or from the browser.
The weird thing is, I can do phone calls with Telegram, but I cannot listen to voice messages I receive.

Yes, the sound works fine if I disconnect the headphones.

I’ve restarted the device, but the problem does still occur.

Kind regards,
Julia

Curious?

Is this a FP3 or FP3+ and what version of A10 are you using and did you update to 0077?

1 Like

This sounds like you configured your BT headphone to be used only for phone calls. When you go to bluetooth and then to the settings of the device, you can select weither they are used for phone calls or media. Put the first two sliders to the right to use them always when connected. A similar cause would be if you select 0 volume for Bluetooth calls. So once connected, make sure the volume for both calls and media is set high enough.

3 Likes

Is this a FP3 or FP3+ and what version of A10 are you using and did you update to 0077?

It is a FP3, I share a screenshot of the details of the Android 10 version. I’ve just updated it with the latest updates. Please see the screenshot (in German):

This sounds like you configured your BT headphone to be used only for phone calls. When you go to bluetooth and then to the settings of the device, you can select weither they are used for phone calls or media. Put the first two sliders to the right to use them always when connected. A similar cause would be if you select 0 volume for Bluetooth calls. So once connected, make sure the volume for both calls and media is set high enough.

Actually, I think the bluetooth settings are ok and the volume is turned on. Please see the screenshots (in German):

1 Like

1 Like

If you tap each of the volume sliders do they have the desired output in terms of volume?

If you tap each of the volume sliders do they have the desired output in terms of volume?

Yes, they do, I can adjust the volume.

The problem has been solved by resetting the headphones. Thanks to the Harman Customer Support.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.