Why did they drop Fairphone Blue?

this is really a pity! I had the original starter FP1, of course with the fairphone-blue cover.
7 years ago I switched to FP3, and at least I could get the fairphone-blue cover, but not earbuds in that colour. only ugly army green.

now my FP3 has died and I nead a new phone, so it will be an FP6 or 6+ - and the covers are in boring colours.

why did they drop the fariphone-blue? that would have been such a unique thing.

How about Cobalt Blue? :wink:

it looks boring and normal. the FP-blue was fresh!

What is the FP blue?

it’s a light blue, you can see it in my avatar, the circle. In the beginning it was THE Fairphone colour, ages ago, when they had the little star as a logo.
I ordered my FP1 in the very first crowdfunding, in summer of 2013.

Fairphone made a complete visual redesign last year and the primary background colour is now forest green (with lime primarily for lettering and the “Switch”).

I think it’s always a good option to equip a Fairphone with a protective case – if necessary, a third party case if that is the only way to find a colour that suits you.


For the evolution of “the” Fairphone colour (there was a mild change of the specific blue hue before, too), see Stefan’s and my two following replies here:

thank you!

forest green, yes, I think that’s the colour of my earbuds (the small ones), also boring.

oh I see they changed the logo / writing again.

yes, I think a case is safer, and also the foil for the display.

quite an evolution in the prices, I must say. my FP1 (googlefree) was 326 €, in 2013. the FP3 (made googlefree by a friend, first lineage, then e/os) was 457 € in 2019, and now the FP6…

after contemplating overnight I decided on the cobalt blue as suggested by @Meaghan (thankyou)

One aspect that’s puzzling: the three colours cobald blue, forest green and blabla black look like a colour ensemble for the interior decoration of a conservative law firm ifyouknowwhatimean. only dark bordeaux/brown is missing.
however, it is highly unlikely that someone has three FP6 and keeps them side by side on their desk. so there is really no need for all to match.
I can’t understand why Fairphone and whoever has a say there didn’t dare to be a bit more adventurous. have one or two ,boring’ establishment colours, but at least one fresher colour. like the fairphone blue was in the past. try it or curry yellow or lime for the phone cases.

it would also be so great if there were a fresh variety for the fairbuds. white, black (and before it was fairphone customized they offered green earbuds) - and a fresh, wild colour that is nice and stands out in the boring abundance of white white white black black black earbuds from all phones.

if mine were fairphone blue that would be so cool, and it would start so many conversations about Fairphone.

so what do you think?

I actually agree on the “at least one vivid colour” suggestion. Always makes me think how stark the coral red FP2 case stood out (in this photo of a past Fairphone Community Aachen booth, it always reminds me of something glowing almost radioactively – a bit like the traditional oranje jerseys of the :soccer_ball: Elftal on TV :grin: )

wow, that’s cool, I missed that. for the FP1 it was just the fp blue case, and for the fp3 I think they had a transparent case? as well as the blue and probably black.

I will definitely send an email to the HQ in NL, they should love the oranje quote.

edit: I’ve never used a 3D printer, but maybe that could also be an option?

A reversed lime-forest green color scheme would have been awesome!

I have the transparent case for the FP5, and I had also one for my previous FP2 :slight_smile:

Turn out to be really usefull when you talk to someone that doesn’t know Fairphone and you show him what is modularity without disassembling your phone apart :smiley:

I think you all have it wrong.

The reason for new colour is to distinguish the branding of a new model - in this case Fairphone 6+ - from existing models which you can already get in three colours.

On that note I regret not to wait for newer model when buying Fairphone 6. It has better processor after all. Having said that I did experiment with some custom ROMs along the way and been enjoying this forum. So let’s keep up good work.

“have it all wrong”? strong words, dear @Piotr_Malarz

according to the shop:
FP6 cases are dark green, black and dark blue
FP6+ cases are the same.
FP5 cases green, black and light blue
FP4 cases green, black and orange-red

to have an additional fresh / wild colour for every new design as suggested could have supported the concept of “new branding new colour scheme” - as there are sooo many wild colours to choose from.

cheers

I was a bit surprised by the new fairphone case. which is more like a case bikini or skeleton.

Oon the photos on the fairphone website the cases are whole, but in fact they have a big ,window’ for the card holder.

That is a pity because I was thinking of maybe changing the back of case with cool colour tape (washi perhaps).

I find combining dark and white FP6 parts an interesting look, especially :camera: green with white and :camera: blue with white.

Great idea! (and too late for me now, maybe later)

As said I did not know the case only covers half the back - the photo in the shop is a bit misleading there.