I have a new FP2 and installed the FP Open OS on it. Now that I wanted to restore my WhatsApp backup, it failed. As I don’t know that much about the whole developing thing, I thought I’d ask here for help.
Maybe I’ll describe what I did until now and what’s the problem:
- On my old Android device, I made a local backup of my whatsapp data and copied all existing files from my old phone to my computer with Android File Transfer.
- I downloaded the WhatsApp apk on my FP2.
- I copied the whole Whatsapp file from my computer to the FP2. (after that didn’t work, I also copied only the newest msgstore.db.crypt12-file into the WhatsApp/Databases folder on my phone.
- I installed Whatsapp and verified my number
- Whatsapp asks me if I want to restore a backup and it also says it found one, but the size of the backup file is 0 KB and after I click on Restore, there are only the group chats in which I am member, but without messages in them.
Does anybody have any ideas on that?
Could the problem exist because of the Custom ROM? Should I maybe try to hide the root with RootCloak like Paula Kreuzer suggests here ✏ How to install any app on FP Open OS (for beginners and experts) ?
I also found these instructions, but I’m not sure if I should try this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/general/whatsapp-restore-encrypted-backup-t3462246
And I just noticed there are two msgstore.db.crypt12-files in my Databases-folder (msgstore.db.crypt12 and msgstore.db_1.crypt12), could that be a problem?
I would be quite happy about an answer. thanks in advance!