Wet Fairphone 3 found in the street

I think when you find something, it is becoming yours, look the magnet fishing
Good luck to repair it, if the motherboard has no big oxydation issue (you need to remove the shield and inspect the phone for green or red oxide), just change the screen will probably turn it on again.
Good luck

1 Like

You may however be prepared to let someone else do this. Please check fairphoneangel map to see if there’s one near you who could pick it up. That wouldn’t even cost you postage but would be a gesture for others.

Thanks.

5 Likes

You might really want to look up the laws in your respective country regarding lost and found items before writing something like that.
Depending on the country this might not age well.

11 Likes

This thread makes me sad.

7 Likes

Hi all,

Personally I think it would be great if the phone was repaired and used, and ideal if the original owner could be found a reunited - maybe they’d even pay a reward.

Anyway, there’s a middle way on this, which probably depends on the laws of each country. In the UK I think that if you take things found on the street to the police they will try to find the owner, but if they can’t then after 2 weeks (or something like that) the original finder can return to take ownership of the item. Maybe it works like that in other countries too.

Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

With that as well as @AnotherElk’s post about lost & found items we can conclude this topic.

3 Likes