Wet Fairphone 3 found in the street

Hello, I just found a few weeks ago a Fairphone 4 into a vent grill into the street (i was searching for my keys)
It seems that it didn’t stay more than a few days and the area was humid, maybe with some drops of water but it wasn’t dived into water.

I dissasembled it removed screws and battery and sim card. Then I did wait 1 week into my flat, and then I tryed to charge it and turn the phone on. It did vibrate but the screen was black.

Then I did turn off the phone again, and managed toi scratch the contacts of the screen. Then I waited few days and turned it on again. The screen just worked for a second then It did the same, and then I just dropped.

Now I tryed to see again the phone and there was more oxyde inside but it seems totally dry.

Do you think I can do something for it?

Sorry for my moderate english. I hope you have another solution to save or recycle this phone.

Greetings

1 Like

The headline says Fairphone
But you wrote you’ve found an iPhone

What’s right?

4 Likes

Hello, It is a Fairphone. I am actually the owner of an Iphone. That’s why I made a mistake. Sorry for the confusion. I did edit the first post

2 Likes

2 Likes

I imagine the best you could do for it is to try to return it to its original owner. Don’t you think that, too?

4 Likes

The phone in this picture is a Fairphone 3 btw, not a Fairphone 4.

3 Likes

@Roipiotr
Perhaps you are willing to specify the area/street/town where and when you found it?

1 Like

Fairphone might be able to locate the owner using the IMEI and that would be on the frame?

5 Likes

Yeah I thought about it. But I’m not willing to make that effort. I’m juste curious about how repairable is that phone. The rest isn’t important for me.

Not for you but for the owner it would be…

5 Likes

So the topic is closed ?

Wow, so you basically want to keep a found property of someone else with you? I don’t know where you come from, but in my country this is clearly a criminal act.
Set aside how I’d judge this from a morality standpoint.

I once lost my Fairphone 3. I’m still happy and grateful that it was found by an honest and nice person.

5 Likes

Criminal act, omg wow.

I’m trying to repair a phone. And you call me a criminal. Nice reaction

I bought an Iphone 13 a week ago for 900€, and I’m not regretting my choice.here my experience on this forum is disappointing me.

Maybe you forgot to tell us that you like to repair the Phone to find out WHO is the original Owner and to give it back.

2 Likes

Well, you want to repair a phone which is not your legal property. What do you expect?

2 Likes

aha, it’s getting interesting here. I already got myself some beer and chips…

2 Likes

I bought an Iphone 13 a week ago for 900€, and I’m not regretting my choice

So you have the financials to buy expensive phones. Why steal one instead then?

here my experience on this forum is disappointing me.

So sad.
I wonder how the person feels, who has lost his/her phone, which costed money and probably contained valueable data, memories etc.

1 Like

I’m going to delete my account and throw this wonderful rusty phone to the bin. That’s all you inspire me

Don’t do that because of some unfriendly users. If it wasn’t you, that phone would remain in that vent grill for eternity. See if you can repair it, it’s your lucky phone.

3 Likes

Last 2 are really stupid answers…

3 Likes