Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Hi. My name is Ronald. I really like the Fairphone concept. I love the idea of modular phones. I would like to know more details because I plan to switch to this platform. I might have some questions. Either way, I’m happy to join the community. You are implementing a great idea. Thank you ! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Hi and welcome, this is only a user forum, none here implemented the idea. And although the phone is modular, which may be attractive to some, it’s fairtrade that is really the impetus.

3 Likes

Hi everybody! I’m Ed :slight_smile:

I’ve been getting into lineage OS recently and the only currently supported phone with a 64bit chip and an exchangeable battery seems to be the Fairphone! :open_mouth:

My current plans are to continue using my old phone until it breaks and then get whatever Fairphone is selling :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi Beroun, Sorry I reply so late. But indeed I’m a proud Mallorquin, living in The Netherlands for 15 years… :0 But I do go back to visit as often as I can! Nice meeting you!

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

Greeting from France !
I’m currently the owner of a FP3+ but considering switching to a FP4 as one my friend’s phone is dieing and she’s very interested by my FP3+. (I know this is not really the Fairphone ethic though ^^). Before that, I used to have Oneplus smartphones.
I’ve known this brand from work and I’m super happy with it.

Other than that I’m working in a tech support and I like testing stuff. My main fav topic regarding technologies are data privacy, open source and futur proof stuff.

See you around :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hey! you’re fine.
The Fairphone primary ethic is Fairtrade for the mineral workers and factory workers.

What could be better that letting your friend have something they like and you investing in another Fairphone.

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to ‘upgrade’ the phone, the relationship with your friend and enhancing all the Fairtrade basics.

I’m surprised that you even considered there was some poor ethics in doing so :slight_smile:

All the best.

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. Added some good points to switch on a FP4. :grin:

Be sure, I’m spreading the word about Fairphone ahah.

3 Likes

Seems like you are having fun. Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello ! I hope you’re all good. I am new here and i will probably participate on the french side of this forum most of the time to be honest. I’ve heard about fairphone a lot so i very want to get one to try. Thank you and have a good day !

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

my FP2 is now my wife’s phone. I own a FP3+ since quite a while

2 Likes

Hello guys ! I’m new here and i’m very interest in fairphone. Can’t wait to learn more about it ! (i’m French by the way :grinning: )

7 Likes

Hi and welcome.

What interests you about Fairphone ?

1 Like

Well to prompt you :slight_smile:
My view is

1. Fairtrade for the miners and factory workers
  2. User repaiability

On the second issue the repairability comes at a cost. The intergartion of modules requires many connections and the ease of user repair means the phone isn’t very waterproof.

Sustainability is often touted but I wouldn’t even give it third places as it undermined by
a) The failure of the phone due to module contact degredation, via dampness
b) The increased waste of minerals to manufacture the replacement modules
c) The energy requirements in the DIY and manufacture and transportation of the extra modules
d) The increased wages for those in point 1 means those people will no doubt spend more and consume more.

So all I have is that at least those people in point 1 are not being shut out from consuming more by me being mean. They can join the throng of the first world consumers and that’s what I call fair, but not sustainable.

:om:

Hi, I’m Frances, I’m based in the UK and I’m the Head of Computer Science Department in an all girls’ school near London.

My brother got us into Fairphones and now my husband has one. I’m looking to create a teaching unit for students aged 13-14 to learn about the different components and the environmental impact of mobile technology. I would love to use fairphones for this!

12 Likes

…und muss sagen, ich komme damit klar und hoffe dass es weiterhin klappt!

Ab und an lese ich hier Berichte, wo soviele Veränderungen stattfinden und mich ins Grübeln kommen lassen, ob ich mich daran beteiligen soll?

Antwort bleibt offen!

Zu meiner Person, ich (67) komme aus dem Ruhrgebiet und habe das genannte Handy cirka 3/4 Jahr und ein Update hatte es auch schon und das ohne Schwierigkeiten!

8 Likes

i am web developer from greece and i got my fairphone 1 year ago using it and loving it

8 Likes

Hi, I am Martín, Salesforce Architect from Uruguay, lived in Madrid for a couple of years where I’ve found about Fairphone and come back to Uruguay. Been using a Fairphone 4 since July.

12 Likes

Hi there,

I am french, open-source free software addict

9 Likes

Hi, I’m Uwe from Germany, and finally I received my first FP. I waited until LineageOS is officially available, because I REALLY loved the idea of NOT changing my phone very 2 years because of weak battery or “spider app” AND get rid of the data robbers. So here we go. LineageOS20 running and happy so far.

8 Likes