Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Hello to everyone.

This is my time joining a forum, ever! So congrats :slight_smile:

Thank you to my friends on the continent for making this phone, I have never had a smart phone because of how Apple and others following what i believed to be an unfair and wasteful business model. I had looked at Fairphone/FP a good few years ago but it was actually just before they had launched fully so all were brand new and I was put off by the high price. Ideally i wanted a used (recycled) FP but the market wasn’t there yet so I went for a (used) Sony Ericsson Elm as it was according to research by O2 and others, one of the most eco friendly mobile phones on the market.

I finally got a second hand Fairphone 1, from the website CEX in the UK, for a xmas present in Dec 2016 and was very excited to start using it. Unfortunately my partner dropped it a couple of weeks later and cracked the screen so I decided to join the forum and ask some questions…

Thank you once again to everyone who made Fairphone possible and everybody involved in the movement

CamYe, Liverpool, UK

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @CamYe! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello lovely Fairphoners!

My name is Kelly and I am Fairphone’s Social Media Wizard. I’ve been working at Fairphone since October 2016 and although I reference the forum on our social platforms, I have never actually used it until today, so I’m happy to be here!

The Fairphone community is really one of a kind, which makes my job an awesome one because I get to interact with you all whenever you send us a message on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.

Hope you’re all having a good start of the week!

Best,

Kelly.

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @anon49920859, I hope we meet in Amsterdam in August (#efct17)!

Happy to hear that the forum is your magical book of witchcraft. :wink:

1 Like

Hi @anon49920859,

talking about Facebook, please also have a look at diaspora, there are also big fans of Fairphone under the hash-tags: #wearefairphone and #fairphone . If you did not yet come across diaspora, have a look here: (Wikipedia).

A post was split to a new topic: Fairphone on Diaspora

I am on Geraspora.de , were I saw these hashtags.

Hi there,
I am Ben from Heidelberg, Germany. I bought a Fairphone 2 about a year ago and finally joined this forum to participate in this fascinating community and do some research for my Master’s degree :wink:
See you soon!

7 Likes

Welcome, @Bennett! Looking forward to the results of your research!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Microphone not working anymore

Hello!

Tobias from Germany here. I bought a Fairphone 2 last week, and I really love it so far. See you around!

Bye!

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @AnotherElk! :slight_smile: If you want to get more involved into the lovely Fairphone community, check out our forum guide: :smiley:

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Should I buy Fairphone 2?

Hi, I’m Chris. I’m from Norway, and I’ve had my FP2 for about 9 months now. On a whim I tried to go 100% free and open source on it – and I’ve stayed closer to that than I expected to. The openness and fairness of this phone make all other phones non-options right now.

I’m educated in 2D-design and as a pedagogue, and will help if you need it.

I’ve lurked around the forums before looking for tips about living without GAPPS, changelogs, and also for new cases and mods. Now I’m here to report a bug.

6 Likes

Hi @ChristerMLB and welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: Have your heard of #efct17 ?

Hi! I am Sabine, I live in Haarlem and since yesterday are a proud Fairphone owner.
This company really inspired me and I can’t stop telling people about the great concept.
I am originally from Germany, but live in The Netherlands since August, close to Amsterdam and I hope to be able to take part in the #efct17 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome to the Fairphone Community, @Tawa! :smiley: Great that you are planning to join us at #efct17 !

1 Like

No I hadn’t. Sounds interesting [:blush:]

3 Likes

Hi! I’m suddenly a FP2 user - after a year… Woah! An ethically sourced, fixable, 'smart’phone, from a community based phone co-op?! Happy days for an old hippy. I actually got my Fairphone 2 (my first ever "smart"phone) in Feb 2016 while in London - from the Phone Co-op (another potentially excellent idea). Then I moved back to working in the country (Devon, Somerset etc) - where the Phone Co-op (via EE) had very little signal. So my exciting FP2 got stuck in a draw, unusable, till Jan 2017 - when I realised I could buy out the contract and get back to Vodaphone Happy days, it worked, last week :smiley: :smiley: Suddenly I’m in a wood - and get messages, emails, even YouTube! (This last may depend on WiFi availabilty) SO, running my sauna and showers set up at UK small festivals (as I do), I’ll flash my ethical Fairphone! Now to go search for a Forum Thread called “What’s an app?” which would be apt for a tech almost newby - one who wants to set up my FP2 to be as easy to use as my backup Samsung GT-C3350… Anyone seen a Fair Laptop yet?

7 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Which computer do you recommend?