Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Hello everyone,
I’m from Graz/Austria and I received my FP2 1.5 week agon.
I switched to FP Open 16.12.0 but I also installed Google Play Store. I know, not everybody thinks this make sense :wink:
I also installed Xposed, Xprivacy and AFWall+. It was a lot of work, but I managed it. :slight_smile:

Now everything allmost works fine. There is only one issue with missed calls. I made a support request and I will do an forum-post.

The company I working for allowed that I chose the phone für me. So I decided for Fairphone, because it is very important for me to support the things Fairphone stands for.

Cheers,
Günter

8 Likes

Here my forum-post for the missed call issue. I hope, I did it the right why. It’s the first time, I’m writing to a forum :blush:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/no-missed-call-notification-on-certain-sim/19242/15?source_topic_id=59

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Günter! Do you already know the Austrian Fairphoners?

Would be great to see a Graz community pop up! :wink:

Hi Stefan,
yes, I already subscribed to the newsletter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, all other fairphone users in Austria!
I’m Wolfgang and a FP2 owner since June 2016… and a proud one, too! :heart_eyes:
Just received my new ‘Slim Cases’ yesterday - totally happy about them. :slight_smile:

The pics are free for use, of course.
Looking forward to hearing about future news via Newsletter.
Fairphone rockz!

Best wishes,

Wolfgang

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: New slim back cover

Hi, I’m Peter from Berlin, got my Fairphone 2 a few days ago and I really like it!
Switched to FP2 from an old & slowly dying Nexus S which I was using for more than 5 years(!)

Immediately installed FP Open to get rid of google, also Xposed, PMP & microG (for those apps that cling to that Big G)…

Cheers!

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @uman! :slight_smile: Do you know the Berlin Fairphoners? They are also very open-friendly! :wink:

@forum people: how would you like the web address berlin.fairphone.community? :smiley:

Hello,

I’m Laurent from France, Oyonnax. Fairphoner since 1 year.

I come to the forum because I have difficulties since I’ve downloading Fairphone OS.

I’m very happy Fairphone exist and many people love it.

Thanks to make it living.

Best for all of you.

Laurent

3 Likes

Bienvenue to the forum, @lblb! :wink: :fr:

Time to introduce myself as well.

I am Dietmar, the P at the end has no meaning, I am just not the first in this forum.

Got my Fairphone 2 yesterday (old black cover), switched directly to Fairphone Open because the usage of the device without Google was one of the reasons for choosing this mobile phone.

I am still in the process of installing the necessary apps, up to now I am quite happy (just the automatic brightness is a bit too dark for my eyes).
I am tracking my experience on my German homepage here: https://permondes.de/ikiwiki/de/Erhalten/Fairphone/ .

My location is München, so I hope I can make it to meet those people there next week.

Have a nice weekend
Dietmar

8 Likes

Welcom to the forum, @DietmarP !

You may move the brightness slider to the right which should also affect automatic brightness (it will be brighter under all conditions then).

5 Likes

Hello to everyone.

This is my time joining a forum, ever! So congrats :slight_smile:

Thank you to my friends on the continent for making this phone, I have never had a smart phone because of how Apple and others following what i believed to be an unfair and wasteful business model. I had looked at Fairphone/FP a good few years ago but it was actually just before they had launched fully so all were brand new and I was put off by the high price. Ideally i wanted a used (recycled) FP but the market wasn’t there yet so I went for a (used) Sony Ericsson Elm as it was according to research by O2 and others, one of the most eco friendly mobile phones on the market.

I finally got a second hand Fairphone 1, from the website CEX in the UK, for a xmas present in Dec 2016 and was very excited to start using it. Unfortunately my partner dropped it a couple of weeks later and cracked the screen so I decided to join the forum and ask some questions…

Thank you once again to everyone who made Fairphone possible and everybody involved in the movement

CamYe, Liverpool, UK

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @CamYe! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello lovely Fairphoners!

My name is Kelly and I am Fairphone’s Social Media Wizard. I’ve been working at Fairphone since October 2016 and although I reference the forum on our social platforms, I have never actually used it until today, so I’m happy to be here!

The Fairphone community is really one of a kind, which makes my job an awesome one because I get to interact with you all whenever you send us a message on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.

Hope you’re all having a good start of the week!

Best,

Kelly.

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @anon49920859, I hope we meet in Amsterdam in August (#efct17)!

Happy to hear that the forum is your magical book of witchcraft. :wink:

1 Like

Hi @anon49920859,

talking about Facebook, please also have a look at diaspora, there are also big fans of Fairphone under the hash-tags: #wearefairphone and #fairphone . If you did not yet come across diaspora, have a look here: (Wikipedia).

A post was split to a new topic: Fairphone on Diaspora

I am on Geraspora.de , were I saw these hashtags.

Hi there,
I am Ben from Heidelberg, Germany. I bought a Fairphone 2 about a year ago and finally joined this forum to participate in this fascinating community and do some research for my Master’s degree :wink:
See you soon!

7 Likes