Waterproof outdoor case for FP3

The Waka Power is 122 mm tall and FP3 is 160 or so. So I don’t think it will fit. But the idea is good :slight_smile:

1 Like

I too would like to upgrade to a waterproof (and more shock-proof) outer case. Easy to repair should not mean having to repair often and I’m terrified of what a little rain or wetness will do the phone.

How many phones does someone like Otterbox need to consider making a case? I see them making cases for more popular phones.

2 Likes

Did you got any replies?

3 Likes

I did get one reply (forgot which of the 3 replied, I deleted the email), but I did not give me the hope they would make such a case any time soon.

4 Likes

I also sent a letter to all three companies. I don’t expect a reply or actual case, but it’s an attempt at least.

I do wonder about Lifeproof. They seem to have some marketing about sustainability and I’ve seen their cases among waterproofed cases. Maybe a more concentrated campaign towards Lifeproof and how the Fairphone is more sustainable than most might hit a chord?

To make my FF3 waterproof I simply use a ziplock back. Tapping on the screen is not super accurate anymore but I think it’s good enough during trekking or cycling.
Also it’s harder to read the screen in direct sunlight, but usually there is no direct sunlight when I need a waterproof pone :yum:

2 Likes

I’d like to note that I got responses but they were generic PR responses. They were from Griffin and Lifeproof.

1 Like

Yes. That’s how it could be solved. But a real waterproof case with a bumper function would be much better.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I know that there was already a topic about a waterproof case for the FP3.
However as it had been closed time ago I want to create a new one and ask for recommendations.

Is there any outdoor-case (waterproof and shookproof) like on iPhones, Samsung, etc. where the Fairphone can fit in (preferely with the bumper)?

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

1 Like