VoWIFI works... sometime

Hi Thanks for the response, but it still isn’t clear to me. Saying if it is available means each device automatically selects, and if each is physically stationary then the signal may not change hence the connection will be stable.

You mean the FP3 and that it can but it is intermittent ??

No I split my WIFI SSID’s in one for 2,4 and one for 5 GHz. Different SSID’s , different Passphrases.

All my devices that are capable of using 5 GHz got the 5 GHz SSID WiFi connected, so also my FP3+ is connected to 5 GHz WiFi ONLY (also tried it with 2,4 GHz but that didnt make any difference). From what I remember right now, there is only one device in my home network NOT capable of connecting to 5 GHz. So has nothing to do with this issue.

Only device having trouble staying connected with 5 GHz SSID WiFi (and through that, providing VoWiFi on all times) is my Fairphone.

1 Like

I don’t see any point in “debugging” VoWIFI if not even the WIFI connection is stable. So you might want to read into stuff like this and make your WiFi connection with the FP rock solid first. My FP3 doesn't like higher 5Ghz Wifi channels, especially channel 116

1 Like

After testing more, i feel it’s working fine when I’m on flight mode.
when not in flight mode the vowifi is not enabled, or rarely, and when it is, Iost it very quickly.
But with flight mode on +wifi/bt on, it works fine.

Definitely a bug for me

I can’t spent all my time in flight mode :frowning:

When I have wifi I use wifi calling (VoWiFi) so being in flight mode is fine. I can still turn on bluetooth independently.

When I have no wifi connection I use the network.

This morning my phone was connected using vowifi. I left the house for 1 hours. When I came back, enabled flight mode, but vowifi does not work anymore.
I rebooted the phone but it does not help
Tried everything without success…

This feature does not work. It’s not reliable.

Your detail isn’t that clear, as according to the above that would be expected, unless you then re-enable Wi-Fi, which you didn’t indicate.

Do you really think I’m stupid enough to try vowifi without wifi?
I find this insulting to think I’m stupid like that… I work as software developer, I think I can understand that vowifi need wifi…

As I said before , in flight mode I enable wifi and Bluetooth.

I tried enabling disabling it multiple time, rebooting, switching flight mode off /on (yes… I enabled the wifi again after…).

After 20 minutes of fight against the phone I gave up.
After a while (probably 30 to 40 Minutes) I tried again to switch to flight mode (yes…,with wifi on…) and vowifi is back!
I don’t get it…

Ho.and yes. I tried with more than 1 wifi network. (I have 2 different wifi networks with different isp/different accès points at home + I tried at work)

The phone behave like if it wasn’t even try to switch to vowifi when there is gsm available. And when not, it’s random to get it working.

Overall I think there is not that much we as user can do about this, so maybe get in contact with support #contactsupport

That may be dependent upon settings:

• Wi-Fi preferences > Turn on Wi-Fi automatically : I have this off
  • and other settings
    but given your voicing being insulted I am reluctant to list a load of options.

I don’t know your about your qualifications as a software developer nor the state of the phone when you post an update so I can only go by basic ideas from what is declared in the post I replied to.

I have this off too.

Wifi is stable, no disconnection most of the time. The feature works randomly.
Maybe it’s the carrier… Maybe not
I’ll try to reset the phone soon, or restart in safe mode.

I usually try to avoid support servicesi usually find that experience from other users is the best source of fix and solution.
I probably use too much stack overflow :slight_smile:

Just to mention for completeness: this workaround lacks the ability to receive SMS. Don’t know about MMS.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.